Search results

1. Kaliban

Shared vent-exhaust stack

Thank you all - it is pretty clear this is a bad idea. Is it really necessary to vent the fan to the outside of the house - there is a window in the bathroom - could I simply vent the shower enclosure to the bathroom itself? Shower stall is very tall (104") so there is a lot of unvented...
  2. Kaliban

Shared vent-exhaust stack

Hi. I would like to tap in to the vertical vent pipe for an exhaust van on 1st floor shower by cutting a section out of the existing galvanized pipe, inserting a pvc "tee" with fernco couplers and hooking up the fan with flex tubing. 1. Would this work from engineering/plumbing...
  3. Kaliban

Main Shut off

The water co has a curb cutoff - and will shut it off with a days notice. The worry I have is the big valve - its going to need major torque to take apart. But you're pretty sure once I have it off I should be able to get a ball valve replacement at any pro plumbing supply shop? In any...
  4. Kaliban

Main Shut off

Thanks so much for the prompt response - am trying find out about water co shut off. Gabe...
  5. Kaliban

Main Shut off

The main line shut off valve to my house no longer closes completely (very few of the other in line valves do either - old house - How big a pita is it to fix this? I live in Northern NJ any idea what the job outta cost - i assume this is one for a pro only... Many thanks (reffed here...
  6. Kaliban

Removing old shower drain

Thanks jim, I appreciate the advice. Guess I have no other choice but a rebuild - I was hoping to avoid this - the shower is used infrequently, mostly by overnight guests - which is why its lasted this long I suppose. I'll get to this one AFTER the master bath project is done....thanks...
  7. Kaliban

Removing old shower drain

I have a little-used shower that needs retiling (the mortar below has gotten loose in spots and is actually sandy around the edges.) The shower is old and probably doesn't have a sloped liner or weep holes in the drain, but since its not often used, I don't want to spend a lot of time or energy...
  8. Kaliban

Bad Shower side sprays

Thanks (apologies for the sporadic replies - we're getting my oldest off to college and are a little wrapped up in it) Guess I have to go for the whole deal - but you know how these things go - the shower is likely to pull the whole bathroom into a renov!!$$$$$$$ Yikes. Gotta get...
  9. Kaliban

Bad Shower side sprays

Thank you both... 11-12 gpm!! Boy that sounds like a lot - & water ain't free around here. The valve is a delta - probably not very high end just a round disk with plastic knob in the center - no idea what the model or flow specs are . There actually was a "toe tester" in this shower as...
  10. Kaliban

Bad Shower side sprays

The stall shower in our master bath has six side sprays that hardly work - I removed the heads (most or totally clogged.) When I turn on the water now, it comes out of only the bottommost one nearest the feed - just a dribble elsewhere. Can I repair this (without taking down the whole shower)...
  11. Kaliban

Replace 60 yr old shower?

Shower side spray Not wanting to start another thread, but this actually relates to a different shower in my house - this one has six side sprays that hardly work - I removed the heads (most or totally clogged.) When I turn on the water now, it comes out of only the bottommost one nearest the...
  12. Kaliban

Thanks to both Finnegan and Jim You're dead on - water does pool and take a long time to drain out - and yes, I will be very used to living in a construction site - I'm just finishing up the kids bathroom - major redecorating and minor rehab, have to redo two bedrooms, waiting to start the...
  13. Kaliban

I've got a downstairs shower that gets very little use - over the 18 yrs we've owned the house - maybe its gotten an average of five uses per year. Now, because the main upstairs bath is under repair the whole family (5) has suddenly started using it. Problems are now evident - the grout...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks