Search results

1. M

Loud Hum from Water Pipe - High-Rise Condo

Thanks for the reply. My husband happens to be a sound engineer, and we determined that the hum is 177hz. It's constant, and never stops. The motor/pump on the 21st floor emits the same pitch and you can feel the same vibration running through it. Now I guess the questions is figuring...
  2. M

Just had a thought... we are in the exact middle of the building. Would it be possible that the pipe is moves most in the middle, like a guitar string? Just a shot in the dark... Went to other 06 units today, and the units two above and below us have the noise... but not nearly as loud as...
  3. M

Building Built in late 70's Thanks for the replies. The building was built in the late 70's. So far it sounds like it could be one of these problems (from this board and others): - loose support / something lodged against (from our remodel) - vibration isolators; springs or neoprene at...
  4. M

I live on the 11th floor of a multi-unit building. Over the past year a humming from the main water pipe that runs straight up through the building has gotten much louder. We recently re modeled out kitchen 2 years ago. The noise wasn't there before, and it didn't show up directly after the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks