Search results

1. jfls45

Loud hammer when pump turns on...

To be more accurate, I put a clamp meter on it and rechecked, it's 8 amps. The pump is about 160feet down and 1" supply line. What HP do you come up with then? Jeff
  2. jfls45

more questions... I appreciate all the great advice. I went out to the well casing and used a vinyl measuring tape to see how deep my well goes down... 150ft, unless it actually goes alot deeper and I just touched the first torque arrestor thinking I hit the pump. I have never had the pump out...
  3. jfls45

Why no air in line? if my check valve on pump isn't sealing properly and the water is running back through the pump, wouldn't I be hearing air coming through my faucets?
  4. jfls45

see the sticky at top of page? I am not sure what you are referring too? I would like to read the article though...
  5. jfls45

It's a water hammer arrestor... I installed it soon after this loud hammer problem started up. If it doesn't belong there I can unscrew it and plug it. So far I understand I need to remove the check? I need to understand why someone put it there and for what reason is it causing a problem...
  6. jfls45

air bleeder yes I believe it is. what are your thoughts?
  7. jfls45

For the last week or so I have noticed an intermittent loud hammering in the supply pipe coming from the pump. I can hear it about 30-40 feet away from where the pressure tank is located somewhere up inside the finished basement ceiling. I just installed two strong clamps to hold the pipe in...
  8. jfls45

Shower is great...

I should slap myself on the back, it drains perfect, works great, now on to remodeling the rest of the bathroom... sorry so many of you waisted alot of time armchair code lawyering...
  9. jfls45

Sometimes you just gotta make it work...

exactly I think you hit the nail on the head...
  10. jfls45

You gotta be kidding me? What heavy handed big brother is watching out for you place to have restrictions like that... Let me guess, it's in Mass. no wait Oregon. figures bunch of tree huggers out there...
  11. jfls45

what is that two seater? is it air force or navy trainer? Intruder?
  12. jfls45

This is my occupation... I think I will stick to this... The plumbing work is hard work, my hats off to you guys.
  13. jfls45

Heres a thought Thinking about what you just said, would you rather have pee and poop percolating down into the ground or old soapy water? Maybe the two offset each other...:cool:
  14. jfls45

The grass over the leachfield is lush green and grows fast.
  15. jfls45

I think the gray water pipes into the outlet side of the septic that runs downhill into a leach field. I do know the washer drains into this same system.
  16. jfls45

Why do you say there is no trap, didn't you see the pictures?
  17. jfls45

Plumb a shower drain into a floor drain that goes into a gray water system. Cutting that terracotta pipe was pretty hard. I tried using a carbide blade on my reciprocating saw with not much progress. I ended up notching the pipe with the air chisel and smoothing it out with a grinding wheel. (I...
  18. jfls45

Basement shower drain help...

I could use some more advice with installing this p-trap... Is there a certain length for the inlet pipe into the p-trap, should it be long enough to hold enough water to push through the trap? Is it ok to backfill around this pipe (ABS) with sand? How do I get a downward slope with my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks