Search results

1. Cedar

How not to clean out a septic tank!

In one place I lived, I lifted the lid on the toilet and there was a live frog staring at me. There was only one way he could have gotten in there. He went back the same way.
  2. Cedar

Can I Tie A Sink Drain Into A Floor Drain Vent Line?

So, if I mount a urinal on the wall next to the sink, it would be OK? :cool: :rolleyes: I can just imagine my wife's reaction the first time she ses it. :eek: :D
  3. Cedar

Thanks for the replies. The sink will mostly be used for washing up. Nothing will go down the drain that isn't septic system safe. Unfortunately, the floor drain is in the walkway part of the room, a home workshop.
  4. Cedar

The vent take off fitting is embedded in the basement floor. I was hoping what I would like to do constitutes a wet vent.
  5. Cedar

I would like to put a utility sink in a particular location in my basement. There is a floor drain near the planned sink location. The vent pipe for the floor drain runs up a nearby interior wall a couple of feet from where I would like to place the sink. The drain connects to the septic system...
  6. Cedar

1 GPM In 900 Feet---What To Do?

Water Is 30 Feet Down I got a chance to measure the height of the water column today. It was only 30 feet down, which I did not expect. It corresponds roughly to the surface height of a pond about 450 feet from the well and a seasonal creek with standing water about 150 feet from the well. The...
  7. Cedar

Thanks. Yes, after carefully making sure I had all the relevant information in the post, I completely missed the well diameter. :o It is indeed six inches (5.5 actually). At this time, I have no idea what the static water level is. I assume we will find that out Monday if I tell the driller...
  8. Cedar

My driller hit a little over 1 GPM at 200 feet in East Tennessee limestone. We are now down to 900 feet without any improvement. I have three options that I know of. 1. Have him continue. His drill rig limit is 1200 feet. 2. Call it quits and bring in utility water. It's doable, but will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks