Search results

1. Y

To plumb a hand held shower or use diverter off of shower head

Hello all, Need opinions/expertise on this. I'm at a crossroads here. I was going to plumb a diverter valve in my shower and attach a hand held shower slider bar in my shower stall in addition to the regular shower head. With Grohe valves/parts this addition was going to add $700+ to the...
  2. Y

ugh! Grohe valve is threaded!

I did all this searching and came up with some nice fixtures to install in my shower and the pricey Grohe valve is female threaded! I really prefer the ease of the sweat joint. How should I handle the threaded valve? TFE, tape.. ? Could I flux it and go metal to metal with a threaded...
  3. Y

Will a nicked copper pipe ever leak?

Hello, If one were to nick the hot water copper pipe with a hand saw while removing the surrounding stud, :eek: and it does not leak now, does that mean forever no leak? Thanks, Doug
  4. Y

Shower drain plumbness?

Hello all, I'm solvent welding my p-trap drain in a shower stall. I've already redone it and the I'm close to centered, however I've been reading that I need to make sure that the drain is plumb. What is plumb? Does this mean that the drain pipe that comes up through the floor must be...
  5. Y

mud pan- question about recommended 2x10 framework

Hello all, I've torn out my old shower, moved my p-trap, and relocated/installed new shower valve based on my planned install for an all tile shower. I've read where the recommended "box" to be formed along the bottom of the shower is from 2X10's cut and nailed between the existing studs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks