Search results

1. J

pump switching on every 10 minutes

Ok, so if I went with a larger pressure tank, what size would be appropriate for me? Right now it's just my wife and I and the baby soon.
  2. J

So with a much larger tank, the pump wouldn't run as often. I get the idea.
  3. J

I had to make a trip to Lowes today for some extra stuff to clean up the wiring for the pump inside the house (a new 20A switch and box and romex connectors, etc.) as well as some PVC pieces and parts to pipe the water from the intake line in the house to the pressure tank manifold. I had it...
  4. J

I used UF wire in the well. The engine driver on my shift is also an electrician and he told me that would be fine for the pump as long as I sealed the connection to the motor with heat shrink tubing over the butt connectors. The butts and heat shrink was included with the pump. Should I...
  5. J

I have a saga for you guys: I changed my foot valve on June 8th in the afternoon. The pipes down to my well are 60' deep. I put the pipes back in and went inside to prime the pump. I poured water in and put the screw back on, then flipped the pump on. No dice. It turns out my horizontal...
  6. J

I still haven't yet had the time to pull the lines. I do have a foot valve in hand, however. Perhaps tomorrow I will find the time, even if it's raining. I've just been shutting the pump off when we're sleeping or not home. Although the pump and tank lose all pressure, the pump is able to...
  7. J

Thanks for the help. Looks like I have a project on my next day off. For now, I shut the pump off when I'm not home or during the night.
  8. J

I have a 3/4 HP Goulds jet pump and a fairly small pressure tank. I just moved into this house on Wedsnesday and I don't know much about wells. I have no idea how deep the well is since records are unclear on this house's well. The house is ooooold (late 1800's)...the first well that I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks