Search results

1. Agu

Backup in waste line

Based on the crud you mentioned you might try BioClean as Terry recommended. I use the Ace Hardware equivalent when drains seem slow and it's done the job.
  2. Agu

Feng Shui and Light: Use Light Energy for Good Feng Shui in Your Home or Office

Color designation of light is measured in Kelvin. Color temperatures over 5,000K are called cool colors (blueish white), while lower color temperatures (2,700–3,000 K) are called warm colors (yellowish white through red). Most people tend to prefer artificial lighting in the 3000K range, which...
  3. Agu

Tankless RO? What is everyones opinion? Reverse osmosis

The ratio of waste to RO with an RO functioning perfectly is about 3-1 or worse depending on incoming water temp, that's a lot of water wasted. The GE unit gets by that using dual membranes and it's ratio is still 2-1. You get that efficiency at the cost of 2 X $237 membranes that only last a...
  4. Agu

Vintage Tiles - Any Good Sources? PIC

I'll wager there are three good tiles behind that toilet tank ?
  5. Agu

Replacing Basement Windows

Check the exterior dimensions and the interior dimensions. My guess is that the interior is smaller because the windows are mounted to the exterior brick veneer and back up to the interior stone/concrete. If that's the case you can just caulk that lip at the stone/concrete, slide a window into...
  6. Agu

Replacing Basement Windows

First thing to do is determine if the opening is square and plumb. If it is there's no need to frame it out. If it's square there's no need for a flanged window, you'll be attaching it directly to the concrete or stone with Tapcons or similar connectors. If it's out of square/plumb framing it...
  7. Agu

Super Salesman

Superstore hired new salesman. At the end of his first day the manager asked how many customers he served. He responded "1". The manager asked how he was going to survive with only one customer, every other sales person had at least a dozen sales. "I sold him some fish hooks, and then a...
  8. Agu

Replacing door latch mechanism on sliding door

I see two screws on the end of the door that haven't been removed . I also see grooves above the top screw and below the bottom screw. Seems to me you could remove both screws and the lock mechanism will pull forward and out of the door. Might just be that simple .....
  9. Agu

1" Copper Union..Stuck Cannot Loosen to Remove?

Most household filters are of the canister type where you turn off the water, unscrew the canister, replace the filter, reinstall the canister, and turn the water back on. There should be no reason to remove the plumbing to replace a whole house filter in my experience. Perhaps we need a pic...
  10. Agu

Skylights... Grr!

I'd suggest you have a professional roofer inspect the roof for possible leaks. You're making the assumption that the skylight leaks (even after your friend checked and resealed them). It's been my experience that the symptoms of a leaking roof can show interior damage several feet away from the...
  11. Agu

Dryer Booster fans ?

Solved the problem with the malfunctioning FanTech. Turns out the increased air velocity moved old lint in the ductwork down the pipe until the duct clogged. Pushed a drain cleaner snake up the outlet from outside about ten feet and knocked loose a huge ball of lint. Showed the Mrs the ball...
  12. Agu

Dryer Booster fans ?

I just came online to search for this thread and it's at the top :). It's been just over a year and the dryer is again taking two cycles to dry clothes and getting very warm to the touch. The dryer blower is working but when I get only the Fantech Fan running I can't feel any suction in the...
  13. Agu

Dimmer burned out

Installed one similar to that for my brother in their future babies room when his wife was pregnant. My brother didn't understand why he needed a preset dimmer. Once the baby was born he understood completely .
  14. Agu

Exterior Door Requirement - Numbers of Doors?

20' is a long way if 15' of that is on fire. Check code for acceptable egress windows and get creative with the remodel to expand the kitchen and still maintain a safe exit option.
  15. Agu

Best replacement windows

I picked up a side business as an independent sales rep for a local window firm and learned a lot about windows/ sliding glass doors. First of all Anderson is the Gold standard for windows, and very few customers are willing to pay up for the best, and most don't need the best. Second...
  16. Agu

Granite backsplash to granite counter help

I agree, masking tape it really tight to the seam, caulk it with a quality silicone, wipe it in , and remove the tape before the silicone sets up. I'm of the "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." school.
  17. Agu

White or stainless steel sink?

I went with a stainless steel sink/ stainless steel faucet and have off white appliances. I am very happy with the combination. The stainless/stainless looks like an integrated unit (sink/faucet colors are slightly different but I'm probably the only one that notices that) and contrasts nicely...
  18. Agu

Hey! I never woudla thought of that: your ideas for plumbing EXTRAS in a remodel

Since you're in a climate that can handle it, I'd highly recommend a utility sink in the garage with a hand held sprayer. Once you have one you'll wonder how you lived without it. Next project is an outdoor shower .......... no more tracking crud through the house after a messy/stinky project.
  19. Agu

Help with deep but skinny pantry space

I had a similar situation and split the space. Frame in the pantry so it's about two and a half feet deep on the kitchen side for your pantry. Then put access doors on the right side for the rest of the space. (actual dimensions depend on what type of door(s) you use) The skinny area between the...
  20. Agu

Recipricating saw blades for plaster

You might consider this a good excuse to get an angle grinder and the appropriate blades. The grinder will be messier but the time saved will offset the cleanup time. I don't have an angle grinder but after watching a couple of the people in the trades use them it's my next choice for nasty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks