Search results

1. GoodHeartedTeacher

Toilet isn't flushing well. Bowl fills too much, (& BUBBLES), then drains gradually

Hey All! I thought I posted this, but I'm new to this forum stuff so maybe I did something wrong. The short version is that I broke Kingsotall's rule (again) and put on an extra long rubber glove and really went digging (well, feeling) 'down there' and pulled out a penny. Finding unexpected...
  2. GoodHeartedTeacher

Toilet isn't flushing well. Bowl fills too much, (& BUBBLES), then drains gradually

Thank you, Jadnashua! I'm beginning to think this more recent toilet issue was not 'THE problem' but rather a symptom of a bigger problem. (Albeit a more notable problem to me.) I am going to do the best I can to deal with it temporarily (more toilet augering and spending more time at work...
  3. GoodHeartedTeacher

Ewwwww on the fat rat! So, what's involved with cleaning out THIS air thing? And, is it relevant that the drains in my basement seem to have water 'almost right there' (like 6 to 15 inches below the basement floor)? (I remember thinking that I hadn't ever noticed it being 'right there' when I...
  4. GoodHeartedTeacher

Indeed! LOL re: the cat count. Both 12 pound cats are accounted for! The candles were literally over a decade old because I just don't use them -- too many sad stories of house/apt. fires. But I just had to give 'em a chance and then I fell asleep out of pure exhaustion. I know it was grace...
  5. GoodHeartedTeacher

Thank you, Terry. I probably run a bit on the tenacious side. 'Have had success with some kids others had written-off based on pure perseverance, determination, and creativity. I think I'll plug away (plung away, oh I mean auger away) as long as it seems to be making any sort of positive...
  6. GoodHeartedTeacher

Hello again. Both possibilities had crossed my mind. (I figured I either had "partial success at unclogging" or "pushed it out of reach...oops!") So, in an effort to avoid the immediate need for a plumber and the whole "take-apart adventure" do you think I might have luck augering some more...
  7. GoodHeartedTeacher

LOL! Good advice on the "no hand down the toilet!!!" Now THAT would definitely make the news! (When I would eventually be discovered!) Anyway, I believe I had SOME success with my first 'toilet auger' experience. I opted for the Rigid 3ft, because the 6ft looked kinda complicated with the...
  8. GoodHeartedTeacher

Thanks! Yes, I knew about not pouring chemicals down there. But can you please tell me more about using an auger. I would LOVE to fix this myself. (Not out of arrogance in my own talents, nor do I underestimate the skill of a professional -- it's just that 1) I'd like to get rid of this...
  9. GoodHeartedTeacher

Thank you. When I was at Home Depot, 'the book' said try plunging and if that doesn't work, the next step is an auger. I just started to read all of the warnings when using an auger and I was praying I wouldn't hafta go there. I also recall some judicial show on TV where some veteran plumber...
  10. GoodHeartedTeacher

Help! I have an old house with an old toilet that was working pretty well until recently. No recent constuction or anything, but it started not flushing well. And the scary part was how it would fill all the way to the rim when flushed. I tried plunging it and when it bubbled/burped and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks