Search results

1. J

Opening the Well Head

One last shot at this - if I can't get it today, I'll bring someone in. Travis, the picture you showed of the seal is similar to what I have. Once I removed some of the rust, I can see the two halves and the four bolts. Unfortunately the bolt heads are gone. I don't have the tools to...
  2. J

Opening the Well Head

Why is 21 feet of pipe a critical length???
  3. J

Opening the Well Head

The well pump is a least 20 years old - it been here as long as I have. I don't know the depth, but the motor is 1/2H HP so I would guess 100 feet or less. Also, the waster is terrible - high hardness, high iron and iron bacteria. I treat it as it comes into the house. After reading your...
  4. J

Opening the Well Head

Travis, Thanks for the help. I WAS contemplating removing the bolts. I'm still not clear exactly how the seal is made and how it works. You said the bottom half of the seal would fall into the well if I removed the bolts so those half rings are clamping together the two halves of the...
  5. J

Opening the Well Head

Hello all. My submersible well pump is out. It is a 1/2HP unit so I figured I could replace it myself. I've done some research and have a plan, using a come along, for getting it out. My difficulty is opening the well head. There's a lot of rust on the well head but this is what I can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks