Search results

1. A

rusted flange, advice pls

It's not concrete slab -- the bathroom is on the second floor and it's the usual wood. The bathroom is tiled. The anchors(?) are definitely metal. I think they used it to give height -- the top of the flange is 3/4 inch above the wood, so it is these metal anchors that are raising it high...
  2. A

Problem getting old ring out! Hit a snag. The old screws refuse to come out. They are embedded not in the wood directly but in some kind of column thingy (I don't know what it's called) that goes through the wood. They are stuck in there real good (cemented?). There are 4 existing screws, one...
  3. A

Permanent weed solution: Poly Ground cover Question

The trick is to assume a slightly superior look and call it "native flaura".:D
  4. A

Permanent weed solution: Poly Ground cover Question

I saw biodegradable weed paper at the store recently, haven't used it myself, but that way you wouldn't worry about digging it up again. I know some people who like using cardboard (like from boxes), you lay it down then wet it before adding the either planting / top soil(if your planting) or...
  5. A

Sorry about the link. Does this work? http://www.gunk.com/product_images/LG_G239D.JPG I think it's the wrong one, I should get the one without reinforcing plastic, correct? The flange is level with the tile, so I need the standard size. I will exchange it at lowes. I also got brass screws...
  6. A

I got a reinforced wax ring, kind of like this, except in a black & white box, G240 kit, I think it's the same except it comes with bolts http://www.gunk.com/prod_photo.asp
  7. A

yet anotehr question Am I going to need to silicone caulk or plumber's paste on the flange?
  8. A

another question what tool can I use to cut the rusted ring out?
  9. A

Oh, I get it. The closet bolt is to connect the toilet to the flange. The screws are to connect the ring to the floor. So I definitely need screws. D'oh!
  10. A

The rusted ring is the same height as the finished floor. I just got the Oatey Moss Bay Flange from Lowes. Also a KANT-LEAK reinforced wax ring kit I'm confused with the screw /bolt part: So did I need to get #12 brass or stainless steel wood screws too? Or just 5/16" solid brass...
  11. A

Yes, it is white -- so that means it's pvc and the rusted thing is a steel ring? The toilet did rock before -- does that mean it needs shimming? I guess we should check if the floor is level first before we try to put the toilet back? The toilet I think is standard sized (it sayas...
  12. A

Hi! I am a ZERO on the handy scale but hubby is pretty handy but not so much with plumbing, just a background. Anyway, our kid's bathroom had a leaky toilet so I took it off (I am so proud of myself) and now I can see that the flange is rusted. I guess it's a cast-iron one. Is this something...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks