Search results

1. M

Are all points delivering water?

I have a Wayne Cast Iron Lawn Sprinkler Pump — 5250 GPH, 2 HP, 2inch input 1.5 Output. Model# WLS200 Flow (GPH) 5,250 Volts 230 HP 2 Max. Suction Lift (ft.) 25 Max. PSI 50 Suction Port (in.) 2 Discharge Port (in.) 1 1/2 Self-Priming Yes To be fair, I'm running 1 1/4...
  2. M

Are all points delivering water?

I have 3 points approximately 20 feet apart set up like a T with my 2hp Wayne Irrigation pump branched off about 5 feet in the middle of the T. Each point is 19ft down with 7 feet of water in the pipe. 1 1/4 pvc, 3ft 1 1/4PVC point. First Question: How can I tell if I getting water from...
  3. M

Spacing Multiple Points

Thanks Speedbump, You don't see any issue with my first first two points be 18 feet 9 inches (I measured them) away from each other do you?
  4. M

Spacing Multiple Points

I currently have two well points spaced twenty feet apart and t'd near the center to my pump. So common math tells me each point is 10 ft away from the pump. If I wanted to add a third point, should I also make that one 10ft away or can I go a little further, say 15 feet. I want to make sure I...
  5. M

Two Check Valves... Moved pump

Other then Why would I, is there any harm having two check valves on the same incoming line. They are spaced about 1ft from the pump inlet and the other is about 6 foot from the pump inlet (previous installation) should I remove the furtherest one... Thanks....
  6. M

Removing the Casing

No, my casing is 4 inch and my point and pipe (attached) are 2 inch. They are just resting inside the casing for now, I haven't attempted to move the casing upwards to expose the point to the aquifer. This is just a small back yard well, so my wife can water her garden... Should I pull...
  7. M

Removing the Casing

I have my casing down to where I want it and have dropped my point. Should I pull the entire casing out or just a few feet above the point? We are talking about 25 ft of casing.... Or do something entirely different... Any advice on how to remove or lift it easily... I was considering a...
  8. M

Pressure Tank Question

Ok. This makes no sense to me. When the pressure tank is full of water the pressure is 50 psi, as the pump runs and the tank loses water the pressure drops. I thought as long as the pressure tank was full, the pressure stayed higher. Your logic, doesn't make sense to me.. I'm sure your...
  9. M

Pressure Tank Question

Bob, It already has a pressure switch hooked up and rated at 40/60. I hooked this up and it has real good pressure until the tank runs dry of water then my pressure falls back to 32-34. I have a T coming out of the pump with a hose running to the pressure tank from the side shoot and then...
  10. M

Pressure Tank Question

I have a 1hp shallow jet pump for my lawn irrigation. My buddy gave me a 40 gallon pressure tank (brand new), Would there be any benefit to hooking this up to my system? It's a 40/60 tank, my current pump pressure is about 32 psi. Could anything be gained by using this? If so, do I just run a...
  11. M

Pump Pressure - Problem or Normal

I had a 2hp sprinkling pump on it and I don't think the well could keep up with the demand the pump was asking for. So I had the 1/2hp shallow jet in my garage and I hooked it up. How can I tell how much water the well can produce? It was roughly 9-10 gallons in a minutes time with the...
  12. M

Pump Pressure - Problem or Normal

I have a 2 inch screened well approximatel 20 ft down. 6-8 feet of water in the pipe. Prime is great. I'm testing with a 1/2 hp Wayne Shallow well jet pump. Input is 2 inch galv to the union, then 1 1/4 galv into the pump. On my output I have a 3/4 T, pressure gage on one side, hose bib on the...
  13. M

Over Drawing my Point?

What size pump would you recommend. I have an average of 5 heads per zone. Can a 1/2 hp pull enough water through a 2 inch well. Probably 5-6 feet of water in the pipe. All I have is a 2 inch galv pipe hooked to a 2 inch point driven in the ground. Is that a "screened well" as you mentioned
  14. M

Over Drawing my Point?

I have a 2hp pump connected to my 2 inch well which is about 22ft down. My pressure keeps going up and down, I'm thinking lack of water. I have plenty of water in the point but not sure it can "refresh" itself fast enough for a 2hp pump. I have a extra 1/2 hp pump, could I hook that up to my 2...
  15. M

Convertible Jet Pump Question - I'm lost

I have a Wayne CWS 50 Convertible Jet Pump with the nozzel to pump water less then 25 feet. I want to use the pump to drain the water from my swimming pool. What I did was put 1 inch coupling to a brass fitting that would allow me to connect a garden hose to the pump for intake and put a hose...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks