Search results

1. Q

Name that Valve

Why would you do that? The HOA is aware of the issues and has been since day 1. I am the one and only all powerful Quaker Emu!!! Unpacked valves the world over fear my #83 O-Rings. : maniacal laugh :
  2. Q

Name that Valve

I turned off the shutoff valves shown above, removed the packing nut and found ... no packing! The back of the packing nut had a groove for an O-Ring so I found an appropriate sized one (#83), put it back together and turned on the water. No more leak around the stem!!! Woohoo! While it is...
  3. Q

Name that Valve

The woman on the A/S 800 number referred to plumbingpartsdepot.com which in turn has an exploded view diagram of the valve http://plumbingpartsdepot.com/aspushpullshwr.pdf [p 1 is the exploded view of this valve and p 2 is a parts list.] It looks like that nut on the end of the stem that...
  4. Q

Name that Valve

Thanks hj!!! If it is not too much trouble to track down the "Mickey Mouse" replacement I would appreciate it - especially if it would allow one to use a "normal" cartridge assembly without replacing the valve body. In the meantime I'll call A/S 800 number and see if I can get anywhere with them.
  5. Q

Name that Valve

It probably was A/S, just long discontinued or something. I have looked all over and not seen anything similar. Given how their site is organized is is also possible I missed something.
  6. Q

Name that Valve

Does anybody here recognize this valve? If so a model name or number would be much appreciated! The cover plate says American Standard at the bottom. It is in a building that was built circa 1964 and may be original. The only lettering I can find on the valve body itself are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks