Search results

1. TechInstructor

Low Pressure Cut Off Switch Intermittently Cutting Off New Pump

Thank you all for the information. I have a somewhat better understanding of the system. I can't imagine that the issue could be from lowering the water level in the well to the point of dropping the Grundfos flow rate dropping below the faucet output rate. At a head between 132' and 178' with...
  2. TechInstructor

Sorry for so many posts.. I can't find the edit feature on my phone.
  3. TechInstructor

I thought "head" was relative to the amount of water in the column.
  4. TechInstructor

So is "head" the distance from the pump to the tank?
  5. TechInstructor

no... that's 340' of water in the casing... from 40' (static level) to 380' (depth of pump). The pressure tank is at the well, so only about a foot away.
  6. TechInstructor

I'm trying to figure out how many feet of head it would have to drop to reduce the flow to less than 4 gpm. (All this math is overwhelming me.) I'll figure it out when I get back to my computer, but I don't think I ran enough water in a short period of time for that to happen.
  7. TechInstructor

When my well is full I should have 340' of head, which means it should pump 10gpm.
  8. TechInstructor

I'm trying understand how we can be overdrawing the pump. The Grundfos is rated at 10gpm but I realize that the flow rate varies as to the head. Still, if I am running out water at 4gpm or less, why is the pump not being able to keep up? Is it because at 380' the pump is actually pumping out...
  9. TechInstructor

When we went to the tank yesterday evening, the air pressure in the tank was 55 psi with the water not running. We reduced the psi to 53, then ran some water to be able to watch the gauge. The switch now turns off the pump at 57-58 psi and turns it on at around 38 psi. Last night it all...
  10. TechInstructor

Actually I couldn't do that without draining the tank so we just reduced the tank air pressure by 3 psi. So far so good. I'll let you know!
  11. TechInstructor

Thanks Reach4 So set the air precharge to 36 PSI and I'll see if that helps. I wondered if the slow start of the new pump was part of the issue. Sure I'm all for learning about other options.
  12. TechInstructor

We installed a new pump in our well. It is a Grundfos 10SQ10-290 - 10 gpm 1 hp. Our well is 420’ deep - the pump sits at 380’ - the static water level is 40’ and the well flow is 2 gpm. We also installed a new pressure tank. It is a 22g CAD2 Flex-Lite composite tank. There is a new Square D...
  13. TechInstructor

Small leak at well seal tee

For now I need to get the sediment cleared from my water and then restock my stored water before the well has to go through chlorination again. I am assuming that would be required if the seal is taken off. So I need to wait a while anyway. I do intend to contact the installer and apprise him...
  14. TechInstructor

Yes, there is a one year warranty on the labor. The caulk was put in the wire hole after the photo was taken and the vent was also installed. The well was thoroughly chlorinated and is still has a little chlorine odor in the water. I think I'm going to wait until the end of summer and then...
  15. TechInstructor

I recently had a new well pump installed. The installer replaced the old plumbing and put in a well seal with a stainless tee. After running water for a while we have determined that there is a very slow leak coming from the base of the tee fitting at the top of the well. Over a period of...
  16. TechInstructor

LPG Tankless Water Heater Trouble with Ignition

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I found my problem. The problem was WEAK batteries. Unfortunately I didn't figure it out until I installed the new water heater and heard the difference in the sparking pattern at ignition. The relationship with the colder temperatures should have also...
  17. TechInstructor

I hooked two 20# tanks together and connected them to the water heater. I had high hopes but alas, they were squelched, as it did not work. The same problem persisted; in fact it seemed to be worse with the problem continuing to occur at even warmer ambient temperatures. Any other ideas?
  18. TechInstructor

Interesting idea. This makes sense. We've always used a 20 lb tank and didn't have any issues with the past two winters, but at this point I'm willing to try anything that's reasonable. I don't have larger tank, but I do have a fitting the will hook two 20's together so I'll get that hooked up...
  19. TechInstructor

Need a ball valve recommendation

Can anyone recommend a brass ball valve that will last? We replaced on that we had used for about 1 1/2 years with the same brand. The second one has only been installed for about 3 months and it is already leaking (just a drip) from the top of the valve. I've been buying them at Lowes...
  20. TechInstructor

I have an Eccotemp L10 Tankless Water Heater. This unit was installed two years ago and it has been used since for all our hot water. It worked great for 6 months and then we had to replace the gas-water valve assembly. About 6 months later I had an issue with it periodically/randomly not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks