Search results

1. JPBBlue

h/w pilot light not staying lit?

gas vs elec I did notice that the pilot light that burns from the 2 gas tubes appears to be pretty weak (hardly glowing after a couple attempts to light?) sometimes after holding the red knob down longer in the "pilot" position before turning to on the pilot flame seems stronger?) The burner...
  2. JPBBlue

life of a water heater? Can anybody give me an idea as to how many years a w/h will give . . . lake MI water family of 4? Are there measurable savings for bigger or smaller sizes? Again, I appreciate your responding to my many questions!
  3. JPBBlue

DIY question then Thanks for the tankless feedback . . . can the repair/replacement needed on my current unit be fixed by a non plumber such as myself? (I'm pretty handy . . . well kind of sometimes :-( Thanks again!!!
  4. JPBBlue

old h/w heater Thanks for the responding . . . I looked at the heater in question and found: ANSI Z21.10.1B-1989 sooooo yikes, 1989! We have an 8 & 10 year old and a very limited budget, any sugestions as to what to replace with? Are the tankless water heaters as good as the advertising...
  5. JPBBlue

Hello all, I have an old Richmond Miser mod#5V40-7 I have to re-light the pilot after every use . . . showers etc. I follow the instructions, light the pilot and turn up the temp, the (burner) kicks in and heats up the water for the next use . . . but once again, the pilot light will need to...
  6. JPBBlue

THANKS HJ & JIMBO!!!!!!!

Much thanks to Terry Love for an outstanding web site and Hj and Jimbo for there help, I needed it bad! After your advice, I purchased a flow-matic cartridge and handle for under $90.00 from a local plumbing supply company . . . with in 15 minutes I had the repair done with not one problem...
  7. JPBBlue

bathtub spraying help!

price pfister web site been trying to find the flow-matic valve on line somewhere, my local Home Depot doesn't carry this type of item . . . the plumbing guy at the store suggested I call PP and they might send me the valve @ no charge, is this common? I did find one link to a web site that...
  8. JPBBlue

bathtub spraying help!

Thanks For All The Help! will the Home Depot guys know about the cork? or do I need to find a price pfister dealer? Sorry about all the questions, this is all new to me . . . thanks again! Peter
  9. JPBBlue

leaking outside hose

Thanks HJ for the previous help. This web site is great . . . stumbled on it and hats off to all you guys! If both my outside hose connections to the house drizzle, and they both have a screw in the middle. . . can I change out the handle area and if so, do I have to shut the water off to...
  10. JPBBlue

bathtub spraying help!

wow fast help! I just took off the plate (two screws) to see what was inside. It has four screws holding the (valve?) in place - positions are Noon/three/six & nine o'clock . . . sound right? I hope this plays out better than the Cubs :)
  11. JPBBlue

bathtub spraying help!

My once 1 1/2 bath little house is now a 1/2 1/2 bath little house . . . I have a 1970's tri-level in Naperville IL. The one lever shower handle (pull up for on, turn L or R for temp) has snapped off. The quick fix at the time was a vice grip . . . now the brass node like thingy is all mashed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks