Search results

1. boulder_deb

Nail thru pipe

Only one pack of bubble gum needed by the plumber, which remarkably was not even suggested here! Looks like I'm ready to go shooting again - found the hot water line too now that the wall is open. Plumber did a great job saving my wall, and doing what seems like a nice, real repair - and gave...
  2. boulder_deb

Screw through ABS pipe :-(

oye - seems to be a trend today - mechanical fasteners thru plumbing. I sent a nail thru my copper - sure wish it was PVC. I'd feel a lot more qualified than I do with copper. :( Good luck to you.
  3. boulder_deb

Nail thru pipe

Thanks again - when the pro's come tomorrow, at least I'll know what to look for in a good versus a cobbled together repair. I do want to make sure that I don't have to open up the wall after the remodel is done. I'll be sure to let you know how it all turns out. So how do you know where the...
  4. boulder_deb

Nail thru pipe

That's pretty much what happened with me, 99. I actually feel lucky that I'm a rookie at crown molding too, and had to take the piece down - otherwise I never would have known until a long, and expensive time later. All hell did break loose as soon as I pulled out the nail - amazing how much...
  5. boulder_deb

Nail thru pipe

OK - thanks - that's sort of what I figured, but was hoping to hear something else. Sounds like a job for a professional - or risk burning down the house! Thanks for the quick replies!
  6. boulder_deb

Nail thru pipe

While putting up crown molding, I've managed to nail thru the cold water supply line (to an upstairs bath - not the one being remodeled on the first floor). The hole is through one side of the pipe approximately an inch below the header. It seems that this is going to be a challenging spot to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks