Search results

1. teqnic

Time To Replace Water Heater?

Okay after a long process and several bids, settled on a plumber and a solution. We're going to replace our setup in the attic with a tankless gas water heater, keep our recirc line, and use a small electric heater to keep the recirc line hot. We're going to add an expansion tank plus a filter...
  2. teqnic

Re Okay guys, met with several plumbers and here are the two options I'm looking at: #1: Remove everything from attic, put new electric water heaters in garage with existing circulation pump (Taco model), extend hot water and recirc lines to the new point in the garage. There is already...
  3. teqnic

I appreciate the feedback. I had a local plumber out today that handles AO Smith warranty issues and he said the tank is leaking, that it needs to be replaced, and that AO Smith will cover the replacement (new tank, not labor). He agreed I should replace both simultaneously. He is going to...
  4. teqnic

Re Does anyone have any experience with the Rheem Marathon line? I'm intrigued that the Marathon tank can't rust or leak. I'm wondering if that would be a good solution, whether we go with our attic or garage.
  5. teqnic

Re Stormrider, We have 2 50 gallons now. Our house is 3,000 sq. ft. with 3 baths. The master bath has a Jetta Jacuzzi tub. What size single heater would work?
  6. teqnic

Re All, I appreciate the feedback. Tomorrow, I'm going to get bids on replacing both heaters from multiple plumbers in our area. Also, since this attic area is off our garage, would it be worthwhile for us to get a price to put the new water heaters in the garage? I'm guessing the...
  7. teqnic

We live in a home in TX constructed in 2006. There are 2 50-gallon AO Smith ProMax electric water heaters located side by side in the attic with a recirculation pump. We were on filtered well water the first two years (high iron content), and then we paid the money to get city water...
  8. teqnic

Ball Valve Shutoff Missing Handle

The handle that came off looked like the yellow handle in the photo Terry posted.
  9. teqnic

Okay thanks. So the valve is fine without a handle?
  10. teqnic

We have two water shutoffs for our water line. One right by the meter and one by the house. The one by the meter, which is a Mueller ball valve, had a small leak and the handle rusted off as a result. There was also another leak several inches away where the copper line attaches to a black...
  11. teqnic

Leaking Outdoor Faucet?

Re Thanks for the help! That fixed it!
  12. teqnic

Leaking Outdoor Faucet?

Re Can you tighten the packing nut too much?
  13. teqnic

Leaking Outdoor Faucet?

I used one of our outdoor faucets yesterday at about 5, and last night around 9, noticed it was still wet. It was not dripping but it was wet behind the handle where the handle is inserted into the faucet nut. I checked it today around noon and it was dry. Not sure if this is an indication...
  14. teqnic

Prier Outdoor Faucet Plastic Cap

Re: Thanks. I'm not too good with colors. You are right they are red. Just really faded from the sun on some sides of the house. Sometimes when I turn the faucet off, a drip or two comes down from underneath the read cap. But it always stops after that. It does not continue to drip. I...
  15. teqnic

Prier Outdoor Faucet Plastic Cap

We have prier outdoor faucets on our home. I mainly just use one of our faucets. I noticed that when I turn the faucet off, a small amount of water seems to come from or drip from the red plastic cap on top. Is that normal or does that cap need to be replaced? Thank you!
  16. teqnic

Tank Bults Either Rusting or Causing Rust

Re Yes. The same plumber also installed some cheap Fluidmaster that caused water hammer. Based on research I did here, I discovered that that is common with Fluidmasters. I called them back, even paid another $49 trip charged, had them listen to the sound, and asked them to replace the parts...
  17. teqnic

Re Thank you for your help. I was able to replace the tank bolts during my lunch break today. I waited an hour and there were no leaks. Flushed it several times. I'm not sure what that plumber used but even the rubber seals he used seem really cheap and were dissolving/corroding badly...
  18. teqnic

Tank Bolts Either Rusting or Causing Rust Guys, I had a plumber out in February and he did a toilet rebuild. This morning I noticed that the tank bolts he installed are either causing rust or are rusting. We do not have this issue in our other two toilets. Here is a picture of one of the...
  19. teqnic

Replace PVC Cap?

Re I appreciate everyone's help. I went to Home Depot and got the replacement part this morning. Thank you!
  20. teqnic

Replace PVC Cap?

Re: How can I know what size cleanout it is? I measured the cleanout from side to side and it measured 5". It seems online the most common size is 4." Does the 4" indicate the size of the pvc pipe the cleanout slides onto?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks