Search results

1. jpaul

commercial building low water pressure and temperature sometimes

There is an overhead sprayer but I'm not sure if there is a faucet as well, I don't recall. That would be an easy fix. I'll check it out on Monday. Thank you
  2. jpaul

Electric HVAC in each unit for heating and cooling. Yes commercial kitchen like you describe. The utility kitchen guy who was telling about the problem before I left the facility 4 months ago is no longer working there to ask more about the problem and I just started working there again yesterday.
  3. jpaul

Right now it appears to be hot water issue only. I will find out more Monday.
  4. jpaul

I just started back working there yesterday. Talking to the kitchen director today he didn't say anything about low water pressure only water temperature. The mixing valve for the kitchen is also for the laundry. The hot water temp in the laundry was 169 degrees and I then checked one faucet in...
  5. jpaul

Thanks for the reply. There are 4 water heaters, so we would need one on each, correct?
  6. jpaul

Hi. I will be working maintenance in a building with 70 efficiency bedroom units, a kitchen to feed the residents and a small laundry room. I worked there prior, left and now will be returning. This was a problem when I left 4 months ago and is still a problem now. In the "boiler room" there...
  7. jpaul

Water coming out of well head

New house to us and lack of water and have now noticed water coming out of well head. Pump and switch have been turned off and water still coming out. What can the issues be? Thank you.
  8. jpaul

Cut in cut off short range question

I'm going to replace the gauge tonight to rule that out.
  9. jpaul

Yes pump starts at 40 stops @ 44. I was experiencing lower water pressure at the faucets. I checked the tanks air pressure and it was low, only 25 pounds. My pump turned on at 40lbs so I increased the tank air pressure to 38 lbs. now so far the pressure at the faucets is better. However I...
  10. jpaul

I have a well-rite (wr 120r) bladder tank with a 40/60 square D switch and submersible pump an a pumptec. The cut in is 40lbs and cut out 44lbs. The air pressure was 25lbs and I increased it to 38lbs but it did not make a difference. I started looking at everything because of lower water...
  11. jpaul

Gas boiler shuts down in a couple of minutes

This did it thank you very much. Water bled out for 30 seconds or so then air for 30 seconds or so then water . It fired up and stayed on. Thanks again!
  12. jpaul

Looks like I have a small cap at three locations so I guess the cap covers a bleeder. I check it out, thanks.
  13. jpaul

Old boiler with baseboard maybe 1960's, I don't know. Only one zone. Boiler idle since last heating season. There was a chimney problem...the flue fell. New stainless external chimney now in place. Went to light but no pilot light, unclogged jet and have beautiful pilot light. Turn on, call...
  14. jpaul

pressure relief valve blows off at 20lbs

Seem to be ok since I replaced the relief valve. Thanks for the help.
  15. jpaul

Thank you for your reply. I have a cleaning annually. I believe the fill is an auto fill. When I tap the expansion tank top and bottom with a wrench sounds about the same. The top of the tank feels warm and the bottom feels cool. I just changed the relief valve and the boiler pressure goes...
  16. jpaul

Heat running, pressure builds to 20lbs, blows off some water until it builds back up to 20lbs and blows off some water again. Bell & Gosset expansion tank (2 years old), 11-12 year old boiler w/coil. Boiler temp was increasing from 175, 180, 185, 190, 195. Pressure never went beyond 20lbs and...
  17. jpaul

Baseboard heat won't turn off

Entire valve and it's the only one in the apartment.
  18. jpaul

It was a zone valve, original one. Replacement for a honeywell with labor and tax, $450.25.
  19. jpaul

This is a 70's condo unit. One boiler for the building. There is a device that the thermostat controls, this device has a lever on it that can be move between 12:00 to 6:00 counter clockwise. I think this lever might have been moved when the baseboard covers were removed during the summer. This...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks