Search results

1. Stevep111

Flologic anyone know about this

UUUmmm the flologic is not to prevent sediment it is to seal off the pipes in case of a leak. If it senses a leak for more than 30 seconds it shuts off the water. Manually shutting off the water for weeks at a time is what I am trying to avoid. My question was not about that but about if...
  2. Stevep111

Flologic anyone know about this

I am considering putting in a flologic anti flood system in my home. Has anyone ever used this system and do you have any thoughts or know of a better system? The cost is $1095 and installed would cost me $1500 total. We are away a great deal and hate to shut off the water because we get...
  3. Stevep111

Computer recovery...or root canal?

My profession is computer repair so for me it is easier to fix a computer. I have had 5 root canals in my life the first of which was worse than being waterboarded 185 times. I only have one rule about computers. Never keep anything on them you ever want to see again. Always have a back...
  4. Stevep111

Do we need Gun control YET?

Almost all of the guns that are in the hands of the Drug Lords that are actually from the U.S. were sold to the Mexican army by the U.S. Government and then the Mexican Government allowed them to be either stolen or sold to the very people who are using them. Most of the other guns come from...
  5. Stevep111

Do we need Gun control YET?

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. If you take the guns then the killers will replace them with swords or pipes knives or bats or what ever they can get their hands on. If they did away with guns then machine shops in peoples basements woud pop up and they would begin to manufacture...
  6. Stevep111

What is in a name?

I fail to see why anyone has not noticed that the entire country has only one port city. That means only one place for the Pirates to get gas for their boats. Block the harbor and they can't get in and out to raid ships. Cut off their fuel supply and they will eventually go out of business.
  7. Stevep111

What is in a name?

All modern ships can be steered and navigated directly from the engine room. All the others have the ability to take full control of the ship from the engineroom. All the older ships need is a navigation system installed in the enginroom to make them pirate proof. This way the pirates can...
  8. Stevep111

Shutting water off when I am not home

Well the water heater is new. I think because it has been rarely used since it was installed it may have sediment. I will drain it when I am next at the house. If it goes bad and pops it's ok because it is in the garage and will just drain out the door. I don't have anything on the floor...
  9. Stevep111

This sounds like a good idea. A bit off subject but http://www.titansafetystore.com/Products-WaterTitan_Master_Kit.html The only issue would be getting someone to install it and that cost. I'm thinking somewhere around $800
  10. Stevep111

well what if a pipe breaks in the kitchen or the water pipe to the back of the washer breaks. That happened to my Sister in law. She was in Michigan and her other house is in Nevada. Thankfully they had a person going by because it would have been pouring water for about 3 months.
  11. Stevep111

Not Enough Hot Water for Jacuzzi Tub

I don't know what the capacity is. I would assume it is about 30-40 gallons but I am sure I am wrong since it seems to run the 50 gallon tank dry of hot water. One other thing I found is since the house is almost 3 years old and we just bought it in Oct and no one has ever lived in it full...
  12. Stevep111

Not Enough Hot Water for Jacuzzi Tub

I have a similar situation. We have a new house and the Jaccuzzi tub is way at the other end of the house. We have a 50gal hot water heater and when the tub gets about 1/2 full the water turns cold. I bumped up the temp to 120 and it helped but did not resolve the issue. If and when we...
  13. Stevep111

The water heater is electric and only a couple of years old. The reason we shut off the water is due to the possibility of a leak while we are gone. I would not want to return to a flood and a pipe running water for a week. If it is possible to leave the hotwater heater on with the water...
  14. Stevep111

We just bought a new home as an investment that is about 100 miles away from our primary home. We only go to the house every other weekend so we turn the water off outside and shut off the Hot Water heater as well. When we return and reverse the process, sometimes we get rusty water for about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks