Search results

1. bonfis

View down the well. What do you see?

Do you mean threading in a section of pipe and lifting the adapter free from the joint? I think the well is about 100' deep. Do you think pulling the pump by hand (2 guys) is realistic?
  2. bonfis

thanks Travis. That makes sense to me. The thread protector looks like it has normal hex head bolt. I bet I could remove it with a socket if I had a long enough extension.
  3. bonfis

This is the view from the surface. The plate visible in the photo is about 5' below grade. The well dates back to 1967.
  4. bonfis

I don't know if I'm looking at a pitless adapter (unit?) down my well. Any of you experienced well guys ever seen this setup? What is the bolt for and how would you pull the pump?
  5. bonfis

Best way to pump water from Lake?

Lake Water Pump I have a similar situation but without the generator. I pump water from the lakeshore using the smallest Honda gas pump available (don't recall the model #) up 30 feet and fill 2- 50 gallon drums in about 8 mins. Works great as long as the pump is close to the source.
  6. bonfis

Pulling Pitless Adapter

Right. All that's visible is the plate described in the original post and the power wires that pass through a slot in that plate.
  7. bonfis

Pulling Pitless Adapter

I recently uncapped my well casing to evaluate the possibility of pulling a dead submersible pump. About 5' feet down the casing I can see a plate that is the same diameter as the casing with 2 semi-circular slots and a bolt in the center. The wire to the pump passes through 1 of the slots in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks