Search results

1. loudhornsrule

electric and well question

I have a well that the pump sits near bottom(40 foot down). Its 900 feet from my electric pole to my water well. I need power. No more generators. What size underground wire do I need to run. Gophers are bad, and my pump is 1/2 horsepower 220 10 gpm. thanks in advance Some different...
  2. loudhornsrule

New house water line questions

I am having a new house built(3 bed 2 bath) for a family of 5. Its 800' from my house to the county road rural water line. My question is what is the best water line for me to run myself(meaning price, ease of installation, cost, gopher proof, and size)? I am also running a water line from my...
  3. loudhornsrule

Electrical service wire for well pump -help--- well & elec. Question

Its around 1500' from the electric poles to my well. It will cost me 5.50 a foot to run poles out to it. I have been told it is cheaper to run underground wire. How far and what size are the limits you can run wire? How far can you get underground wire from the poles before it starts losing...
  4. loudhornsrule

New well help?

I have anew well. I am buying a new pump(sub) to pump form 40' . My question is this-I have no electricity so was going to use a generator. What size generator(watts) do I need to run either type of electricity? Might use a 115 or 220 pump , but not sure. Thanks
  5. loudhornsrule

DIY Well Shallow Well Gas Auger???

Years ago a friend of mine had a shallow well (15-20' static water level)drilled by a guy W/ a gas powered honda auger. I didnt see him do it, but to this day the well still works for watering just fine. Anyone ever seen this done? How Hard is it? I got a gas auger and alot of ambition. What do...
  6. loudhornsrule

Sewer smell in kitchen cabinets

Had sewer smell come and go for several years. Climbed up in attic and found no vent pipe for kitchen sink, also no pipe coming thru roof. Bathroom is across house , and its all vented w/ a big pipe. Am i missing something or is it possible my vent is just sitting in my wall? Please help any...
  7. loudhornsrule

Witching dowsing does it work?

I need to find water on my place, and dont want to drill all over the place to find water. Dont want to start a fight on here, but would like some input on this matter. Thanks
  8. loudhornsrule

Well not doing well

My water level falls down to the bottom of the well where the pump is, but never really quits pumping just slows down and the pressure gauge bounces from 10 to 20. My question is as long as water is around the pump will it eventually harm the pump, or can it just keep pumping like that alot?
  9. loudhornsrule

20/40 or 30/50??? pump protection HELP

My well will produce about 7 gpm . Anything more than that is asking for trouble. 18' to static water 22' more feet to bottom of well and pump. 40' total length of casing( 6'' casing w 12'' borehole)Also 20 gallon pressure tank. Im scared I am going to run my well dry and burn my pump...
  10. loudhornsrule

How low can you go? Ha ha( the pump)

How far off the bottom of the well do you most of you guys set your pumps?6'' a foot 2 foot? Waterwelldude? Speedbump? Where are you?
  11. loudhornsrule

well pipe shaking

When my pressure switch on my shallow well kicks off it shakes the pipe, and I am worried that it will eventually break my pvc piping. Any suggestions? Thanks
  12. loudhornsrule

Submersible pumps cover shroud???

I have been told there is some kind of pipe or pvc to put around a 4'' sub. pump to keep the sand out. What is that and how do you make one, or where do you get it? Thanks Does any one have a pic. of this thing?
  13. loudhornsrule

Sumersible wire? Help

I have about 100 feet of ufb(underground grey wire and thick) sitting around, and wanted to know if it would work for a submersible pump 40' to the bottom of well. I know this is not actually the right stuff, but will it work for any length of time?? Thanks
  14. loudhornsrule

SUBMERSIBLE PUMP 110 or 220

I have a well w/ 110 electric near. Are the submersible 110 pumps any good? And if so what brands? Thanks In adavance Oh yeah 18 foot down to water and 40 foot to the bottom of well . 22 feet of water 12'' hole 6'' casing.
  15. loudhornsrule

Straint answer-Very hard to find

In north texas where I live its 18' to water. Shallow wellpump---Will it or will it not pump sufficient water or do you have to go to submersible pump? Thanks
  16. loudhornsrule

Wayne 1.5 sprinkler pump

Have a few question for the experts. I have access to this particular pump (cheap), and wanted to know if it would work. I noticed it will draw massive amounts of water.It is 20' to static water in my well where I live. I need around 20 gpm. Its probably 200' from my pump to where my hydrant...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks