Search results

1. S

floor drain and washer sharing trap?

At least it was soap suds! :-)
  2. S

Thanks, all, for the great input you've offered. I'm working a bit too much in the dark on this one, so I'm arranging a consulting session with a local plumber. I'll count on him to provide a design to follow. He'll also check my other work. :-) One last question, though... Terry...
  3. S

Nice. I'll research more. Thanks!
  4. S

I'm not sure where the big problems would arise. If the washer needs a 2" drain, then a 2" drain should be sufficient for that entire line. There's nothing else draining into that line except the floor drain, and the only source of water for that floor drain is the washer. Steve
  5. S

It's a Full Moon tonight

A teacher! I tip my hat to you. I sorely needed a break from engineering a few years back and taught high school for a short bit. Parts of it were absolutely wonderful. Some were not. Unlike you, my problems were usually not created by my students but by overprotective parents. They chased...
  6. S

My floor drain is just 2". I have some rework to do. (Yeah, I know. If I'd hired someone it'd be done correctly by now!) So, it seems the only option is the following? Washer 2" standpipe into non accessible P trap. P trap into 2" vertical vent line. Below the floor, the vertical vent...
  7. S

Okay. It doesn't need to be accessible, though, right? Okay. Thanks! That'd be good, but my naive guess is that I'd have a problem with lint filling that fitting and eliminating the priming. Sorry -- I've never had a trap primer in my hands to look at. Steve
  8. S

Thanks for the reply. I remember seeing that setup in restaurant kitchens in my earlier days. I'll do it that way if that is what is needed. If you don't mind a followup question...Is the indirect setup any different than piping the washer outlet into the line just upstream of where the...
  9. S

Hi, Am building a new laundry room in California. I really want to protect against overflows, so in addition to auto shut off valves for the washer supplies I am including a floor drain. I've read about trap primers and their use, and I also sense that folks don't like them. Those that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks