Search results

1. Hudson

Leak above shower valve...between the pipe and the valve

I bought a replacement washer at Lowes, a Danco 80925. I put 2-3 turns of grey teflon tape and tightened it finger tight. It leaked. I gave it 1/8 turn with a wrench. It still leaked. I took it off. The washer had gone into the pipe and wasn't working. The guy at the plumber supply said to...
  2. Hudson

Bathroom sink started draining slowly

A few months ago I noticed that my bathroom sink started draining slower. If I wait 20 seconds, everything drains OK. The drain has been there since 75. I took the trap out and made sure that it was clear. Everything that I could see was clear all the way to the wall. I went up on the roof...
  3. Hudson

Toto Eco Drake Replaced Flush Valve With Korky 528...disadvantages?

My April, 2009 Eco Drake flush valve kept running and wouldn't stop, so I replaced it with a Korky 528. I read Terry's contribution recommending...."The Korky 528T, Korky 528 PRO or the Korky 528MP" What are the disadvantages of leaving the Korky 528 in place? What's the average life span for...
  4. Hudson

Installation Toto Eco Drake Experiences

After reading these forums, earlier in the year, I installed a Toto Drake 1.6 GPF, elongated, ada, toilet. It was everything that you said…no clogs and a quality toilet in every way. ( I had a plumber install that one.) I purchased a Toto Eco Drake (elon+ada) to replace my 3.5 GPF toilet...
  5. Hudson

Water Heater Pressure Relief Valve Leaked About a 2 Quarts of Water

My water heater and pressure relieve valve were installed by me in 2000. The tag on the pressure relieve valve says 150 PSI. I'm on a city water system. I don't have any backflow valves or pressure tanks in my system. I test the valve at least once per year. I have a quart jar under the...
  6. Hudson

Nine Year Old Envirotemp 50 Gallon Water Heater

I believe that it still works like new...but sometimes I suspect reduced performance. Since the kids are all gone, it's hard to really test it. It's a model E3Z50RD055V Envirotemp Supreme Lifetime Warranty Self Cleaning purchased Feb. 2000..from Lowes. I still have the receipt and a copy of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks