Search results

1. gw

Toilet for Limited Space

You're right about the Vespin - that's a bit beyond the budget. Another option that may work okay is a Kohler Santa Rosa K-3810-47.
  2. gw

Toilet for Limited Space

The supply is from the wall so it might work. I do like Toto - put in two already. We had a similar issue with another small bathroom - I chiseled out tile and concrete and put in an offset flange. Probably a no-no, but there have been zero problems with it since it was done a few years ago...
  3. gw

Toilet for Limited Space

Thanks. The spec on the Vespin showed the half-width at the skirt bottom to be around 5.9" - which would be into the supply. I saw the skirt does taper a bit but couldn't tell how much room that leaves once you're 5.5 inches up from the floor. Since you indicated it would definitely fit...
  4. gw

Toilet for Limited Space

Hey Terry/folks: Currently looking for a toilet to replace an old, problematic, inefficient Eljer in a very small area. Here are the specs: Rough-in is 14" (actual measure is 13.5"). Supply is about 5.5" from both floor and toilet center line. Color is Almond/Bone (to match tub right...
  5. gw

Difference between TSU01w.14 and TSU03w.14 for 14" rough-in

Can a tsu01w.14 be used on the newer toilet models like the Carlyle II? The toilet description says to use a tsu03w.14, but I have a tsu01w.14 already and can't find any specs that say what the difference is.
  6. gw

Recommendation for 14" Rough-in

The plastic pads were used indeed. The squeaks diminished after tightening the seat bolts some more, but it still seems to flex and squeak, and we're light to average weight folks. The plastic soft close seat does fit nicer than the wood seat the local Toto dealer sold us to go on the Drake we...
  7. gw

Thought I'd post the resolution. I broke out some tile and foundation and installed an offset flange. I then purchased a one-piece Gwyneth and installed it. It did require a thicker wax ring to seal right, but the result is it looks and works great! Much nicer look and flush than the Eco...
  8. gw

Have you heard if anyone has had success swapping out the G-Max mechanism with E-Max on something like a Vespin? I'm wondering if that is a possibility for reducing water usage in the future.
  9. gw

Thanks. The Guinevere and Soiree are nice, but the price on those exceeds what I wanted to spend, particularly when you add in another $50-70 for a 14" unifit adapter. The Aquia came up with much lower ratings - not sure how the III performs. It is good to hear the Compact Cadet works well...
  10. gw

I'm replacing an old toilet in a 14" rough-in. It is a small half bath, so I'm looking for a low profile toilet that preferably comes out no more than than 30 inches from the wall - 28 would be best. I prefer an elongated, ADA, HET (1.28 gpf) toilet, but Toto makes none (within budget) with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks