Search results

1. Smunderdog

Shifting Supply & Return Main Trunks over 3'

Hey all! I'm in the process of having local HVAC experts provide me input & estimates on this but thought I'd throw it out here for discussion as well. Ranch home with full basement. 8" tall main trunks for both supply & return run across the basement ceiling below the floor joists for the...
  2. Smunderdog

Basement floor & wall insulation with perimeter drain

Getting ready to put foam insulation down on the floor and up on the walls of my basement. I've read through all the other great forum posts but didn't see this addressed. 1957 ranch with a full basement. Previous owners had a perimeter floor drain installed that takes care of the ground...
  3. Smunderdog

Washing Machine Drain Question

The 4" main drain line exiting my house goes through the wall of my basement 50" above the floor. My washing machine can be placed within 6' of this drain line. I am able to replumb the main drain line (adding a Y) to add a direct drain for the washing machine, but is there a way to do...
  4. Smunderdog

Cast Iron Question

I have a 1957 ranch with what I believe to be the original cast iron drain lines. When this was put in, why would they have used 4" pipe run vertically down from the toilets (only about 18" or so), then transitioned to 3" using a 4 x 3 elbow, then run the 3" to the 4" main line? Why wouldn't...
  5. Smunderdog

Replacing Cast Drain Project

Related to this thread where I outlined the problem of having a sewer smell coming into our house via the perimeter drain in our basement catching ground water: Getting ready to replace the cast iron lines from the house to the septic tank, and when we do so, we are going to do a bit of drain...
  6. Smunderdog

Sewer smell in basement

Am hoping I come to this board having already done most of the "common sense" homework...here's the story: Moved into a 1957 built ranch with a full, unfinished basement a few years ago. The previous owners had a perimeter drain installed around the perimeter of the basement as they had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks