Search results

1. pjw

A dumb mistake on my part

I was recently installing a toilet in my house when I became distracted and tigtened a tank bolt a bit too much and heard that little "Tink!!!" that we all hate to hear. My fault entirely, but I do have a question to throw out: Since bathtubs are made from acrylic (or fibreglass, or...
  2. pjw

Lead vs Lead-Free solder

I'm no professional, but I've been successfully sweating joints for many years. I haven't had that much success with the lead-free stuff. Good thing I still have lots of leaded solder around. I only do plumbing around the house, so I'm not putting anyone at risk other than us (and I'm no...
  3. pjw

Toilet Flange Adapter

Thanks for the tips, gentlemen! Matter of fact, the Fluidmaster wax rings I bought are extra thick and come with really long johnny bolts, so that may well be the trick. I went looking for a toilet today and the only two stores around here, Lowes and Home Depot, stock only toilets for a 12"...
  4. pjw

Toilet Flange Adapter

Thanks for the reply! One followup question: Since the existing flange is in good shape and very solid to the floor, think I can get away with attaching the flange adapter to the iron flange with small nuts & screws rather then the Tapcon directly into the concrete? Thanks again. Paul
  5. pjw

Toilet Flange Adapter

I am replacing a toilet in a powder room in which I did a ripout. The toilet was set on an iron flange on an iron pipe. The floor is a concrete slab, where I am laying ceramic tile. The old flange is in very good shape and solid to the floor. After I install the ceramic tile, the flange will...
  6. pjw

BrassCraft PushConnect

I did a ripout on our old powder room and need to replace the sink and toilet stops, since they all leak. I have no problem at all sweating pipes, but I saw this BrassCraft PushConnect thing at my plumbing supply store that intrigued me. I don't wish to go with cheap "Made in China" stuff that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks