Search results

1. W

dripping tub spout due to shower diverter?

Thanks for suggestion -- maybe I'm not understanding correctly re: handle instructions. The diverter is one of those pop-up type located on top of the tub spout. We don't have a single-handle control -- just hot and cold water knobs, tub spout with pop-up diverter, and the showerhead. Is it...
  2. W

p.s. to tub spout/shower diverter drip Looked around the forum after my last post -- someone who'd installed a new shower head posted about what seems to be the same problem -- described it as sort of a "gulp/drip, gulp/drip" noise. That's what is happening here - it's not just the routine...
  3. W

My tub fixtures are the old-fashioned separate hot and cold, and spout with diverter. I had a plumber replace the hot and cold valves a month or so ago -- he used ceramic replacements (I'm not an expert, but apparently those are supposed to be more durable????). ***The plumber tried to...
  4. W

My tub spout has a slow drip, apparently due to something either with the shower diverter/spout, or the way the pipes are configured. I first had the hot/cold faucets worked on, assuming that was the problem, and although they shut off completely, that didn't fix the drip. The slow drip goes...
  5. W

whitish water spotting - can water be oversoftened?

Thanks to everyone responding....No, I don't taste salt in the water (at least not that I notice). The hot water feels quite slippery like it should, but it dries looking just like hard water - very chalky. It sort of rubs clean, but still leaves a ring where the drop was. Vinegar or Lime-a-Way...
  6. W

whitish water spotting - can water be oversoftened?

I am getting whitish water spotting around my sinks and fixtures, anywhere where splattered water dries. I have a 13 year old water softener, which I *think* is working. I took water samples to the people who installed the softener - they pronounced the hot water to be "0 grains." (The only soft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks