Search results

1. PlatonicSolid

Recommend an Electric Water Heater

I found this on Consumer Reports and am now wondering if it would be worth my while to convert to gas instead: "Look for a long warranty. Most cover 6, 9, or 12 years. Heaters with the lowest and highest warranties differ by just $60 to $80 for electric models and $50 to $100 for gas units...
  2. PlatonicSolid

Recommend an Electric Water Heater

I was just going to ask the same question, but seeing the incredible lack of responses to this thread, I guess I shouldn't bother.
  3. PlatonicSolid

Hybrid Electric Water Heater

LOL, OK I'm sold. Or should I say unsold. I'll have to travel over to the furnace forum and see what Oil furnace/Central Air unit I should get to take advantage of the "Big Rebate".
  4. PlatonicSolid

That DOE pdf sounds generally positive for those living in warmer environments. They cite a study conducted by one of our local utility companies (Northeast Utilities)(to be completed in 2004). Unfortunately 5 years after the studies presumed conclusion there's no sign of its results on their...
  5. PlatonicSolid

I don't know how much hot water I'm using as a measure of average gallons per day. My living situation is as follows: 1620 sq. ft. raised ranch built 1965, Not sure how old the 50 gallon water heater is, but I did replace the heating elements about 2 years ago. Efficiency label claims 5100...
  6. PlatonicSolid

All I can say at this point is that I live in CT - my monthly electric bill is about $400/mth year-round and I heat with Oil (forced air)(yes, I use central air in the summer). The water from my 250 ft. deep well is very - very cold. Granted, CT has the distinction of having the highest...
  7. PlatonicSolid

I've been holding off on buying a new water heater until GE comes out with their Hybrid Electric Water Heater. Anyone have any thoughts or more info on this technology? I expect to get sticker shock when it is finally released.
  8. PlatonicSolid

Seeking Advice on Radiators in Cement Slab Construction

Interesting, I like the gas furnace in the attic solution. Thank you. I've talked my girlfriend out of buying this house as the heating issue is a real problem and after doing some detective work it appears this house is right next to a large parcel of wetland. Combine the poor drainage...
  9. PlatonicSolid

All I can see of the copper lines is what comes up through the cement. I didn't think to look for any jacket material. It is a 1 story ranch with a large closet sized room for the furnace. Oil tank is outside. Attic is insulated / partially finished, but is only useful for storage as the height...
  10. PlatonicSolid

Hi all, first post here. My girlfriend has a bid on a house here in CT, but I'm concerned about the (no basement) slab construction with regard to the forced hot water heating system. The house is 1950s construction - Oil furnace - with radiators throughout except the living room, which has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks