Search results

1. leon wieler

TOTO fill valves

That is a good point I had not considered. The 4.8 litre drake fills its tank amazingly quickly compared to the 13 litre toilets and with a replacement fluidmaster fill valve the bowl of the eco drake may not get enough water which in turn would impact the flush performance. Thanks, good...
  2. leon wieler

TOTO fill valves

If Toto went back to the china version with the white screw did they redesign it so that it could be rebuilt or is it still throw away? And/or is the new model with the white screw made by Korky? Are there any distinguishing features of the old model with the white screw and the new model with...
  3. leon wieler

TOTO fill valves

I researched toto thoroughly before purchasing and am very pleased. One difficulty is that toto cut costs by replacing the korky fill valve with a made in china version that was not as reliable and not rebuildable. I called my local toto parts rep and he stated that toto had now abandoned the...
  4. leon wieler

Home Depot or supply house ???

10 inch rough in I installed a drake in a 11 inch rough in with the back wall sloped considerably toward the toilet. I installed the tank as far to the front of the bowl as possible(the tank bolts are smaller than the hole in the porcelain), angled the flange bolts toward the front as much as...
  5. leon wieler

Will Round-Bowl Eco Drake do the Job?

round front drake I recently bought two 4.8l eco drakes, one round and one elongaged. The map test suggested that the elongated drake flushes better than the round. In real world flushing I found no difference. Both toilets never clog and both work three times as well as the 13 litre toilets...
  6. leon wieler

researching toilets

thanks for a great web site terry. I don't know how you get work done answering all these messages. Could you answer the following questions and I promise not to harrass you further? do you recommend the eco drake? I own an apartment block (36 suites) with cast iron drains (one small...
  7. leon wieler

researching toilets

I emailed John Koeller (the fellow who does the map test) and he agrees with terry love's assertion that anything beyond 500 is pointless. I am glad to get that from an independant source as terry sells the toilets - good to know terry's info was on the level. John Koeller also states that...
  8. leon wieler

researching toilets

I own an apartment block and would like to install more efficient toilets. I read terry love's toilet forum which really likes the toto drake and hesitatingly accepts the as cadet 3 because of potential quality control issues. I am reading the february 2009 map tests and the toto "ecodrake" rf...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks