Search results

1. USAFRet

Aquia III water tank level dropping

Thanks very much for the reply and the phone number. I called them and they are sending a new flush valve gasket - perhaps that will solve the problem, but I suspect I'll be calling them back next week for the entire valve assembly! How does that bottom base of the valve assembly (the part...
  2. USAFRet

Aquia III water tank level dropping

Just installed a brand new Aquia III and the water level in the tank is slowly decreasing (about 1/4 inch an hour). I can see water trickling very slowly into the bowl from under the rim. I cleaned the gasket on the flush valve and inspected the valve seat. Both look fine. The gasket on the...
  3. USAFRet

Innie or Outie?

Been away from the computer for a few days and wanted to say thanks very much for the reply. I appreciate it!
  4. USAFRet

Innie or Outie?

Doing my bathroom remodel and currently have the drain line for the toilet ending in a 3 inch couple fitting about three inches below the finished floor. To complete it, I can either trim the length of a "fit inside" closet flange, or run a 3 inch pipe up to the floor and then install a "fit...
  5. USAFRet

Oatey's Moss Bay Replacement Flange

Yes the old ring is completely removed. The "problem" is that the Moss Bay ring is designed to fit into a groove that my flange doesn't have. If you picture a side-ways looking cross-section of the flange, it would be "T"-shaped. On the type that the Moss Bay fits, the top of the "T" is about...
  6. USAFRet

Oatey's Moss Bay Replacement Flange

I removed the rusted metal ring from the toilet flange in my bathroom and had planned to replace it with the Moss Bay stainless steel ring. Getting ready to install it though, I don't believe it will work properly in my case. The old ring was made with an integral collar that wrapped around the...
  7. USAFRet

Watts Expansion Tank

Thanks to everyone for the replies. The Watts In-Line is a nice streamlined tank. It was, I believe, introduced in 2003, so I was surprised to learn they'd discontinued it. I know I'll have to replace it eventually with a standard type, but thought if I could find one somewhere I'd just swap...
  8. USAFRet

Watts Expansion Tank

Anyone know where I might be able to find a Watts ILT-5 expansion tank? The internal bladder on mine is leaking and the company no longer makes this model.
  9. USAFRet

Putty or Silicone?

Thanks, cwhyu2, for the quick reply, and Terry too for the picture!
  10. USAFRet

Putty or Silicone?

Which is best to use when installing a drain in an acrylic tub, plumber's putty or silicone?
  11. USAFRet

Water Supply PSI

Great. Thanks very much for the reply, Terry.
  12. USAFRet

Water Supply PSI

The "innerds" of the Wilkins model 70 pressure reducing valve on the water supply entering my house have gone bad and the water pressure slowly creeps up to 90 psi (valve set at 50). I've been able to get the rate of pressure rise to slow substantially by cleaning the internal cartridge and...
  13. USAFRet

Delta R10000 rough-in

Thanks hj, for the reply and the info. That's the way I'll do it!
  14. USAFRet

Delta R10000 rough-in

Two questions on working with this rough-in: #1 - The shower outlet on this series valve sits quite a way back on the valve body. If I run a straight riser to the shower head and terminate it with a standard brass 90 drop, the face of that drop will be a good inch inside the finished wall...
  15. USAFRet

Max angle on bath/shower trap?

Thanks for the reply!
  16. USAFRet

Max angle on bath/shower trap?

First, I recently found this forum and really appreciate reading all the great advice - thanks! Here's my question - I'm replacing a tub in an existing bathroom. The new tub's dimensions will create an almost-90 degree bend at the trap connection to the current drain line. There isn't much of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks