Search results

1. varmint

mixing valve issues

Well, there doesn't seem to be that much interest in this topic, but FWIW, I have decided that the mixing valve is "hunting" because of pressure differences between the hot and cold water supplies- the flow rate thru the coil is reduced, so the cold pressure is greater. As I go to less cold...
  2. varmint

cleaning hot water coil?

I have an oil-fired steam boiler, with a hot water coil. The flow seems reduced thru the coil, which leads me to think it needs de-mineralizing or cleaning, but I have never done that. When I shut off the boiler for the summer, switching to my propane demand heater, I plan to try to clean it...
  3. varmint

mixing valve issues

No de-lime or anything else... I have no instructions. Until recently, our water was acidic, so mineral build up was non-existant. The pump pressure and cold water supply are smooth, this problem is only with the hot water, and not all the time! Sometimes, flow is smooth, sometimes pulsing...
  4. varmint

Critique my DIY solar hot water plans

In the 90's, we lived in an old Victorian farmhouse in the Hudson Valley of NY- it came with a working drain-down solar water heating system, and it must have worked fine the 8 years we lived there, since I don't recall fussing with that system much at all. You've gotten some good advice, but I...
  5. varmint

Bosch - Tankless Waterheater ???????

Okay with tankless FWIW, about 10 years ago I installed an Ecotherm propane tankless unit- a friend, who'd been a dealer years ago, had one laying in his barn that had been sold, never installed, and returned to him around 1986 or so. I paid him $150, and plumbed it in, since our hot water was...
  6. varmint

mixing valve issues

Hi: this is my first post here! I have a Honeywell AM-1 mixing valve (Sparco) installed on my boiler's hot water coil- it's a steam heat boiler, so the coil water gets too hot for comfort or safety, and it's worked fine for 3-4 years. Lately, the hot water pressure seems to pulse up and down...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks