Search results

1. JIM4

Well pump to 525 gal water tank help

Thanks for the info. Any preference for float switch? just one that can handle 8 amps and 230 volts?
  2. JIM4

Will a float switch make the pump cycle on and off rapidly (thats bad right, wear on pump) Or will it just make the pump come on once to fill up tank and then go off. Also would you have a recommendation for a good float switch for this application. Also a relay, one more item too, can you...
  3. JIM4

If I use a float switch, do I need a pressure tank? I thought I could use a well submersible pump, through black pipe to the tank. In the tank have a float switch that connects 12v to 240v via a relay. When the switch is on, pump is on and pumping water. When switch is off, pump is off...
  4. JIM4

OK, thanks, but few more clarifications. The well is 300' from the tank, the power is coming from the garage 150' from well and also from tank. On your drawing (very nice btw) you have booster pump, check valve, PK1A control kit x2, and you have plumbing to house. On my application I only...
  5. JIM4

Thanks valve man. I did not mention, everything is outside and the 525 tank gravity feeds my drip irrigation system. The tank and well are located on a 50 foot hill above the drip irrigation system. So I do not need a pump to get the water out. I have seen float switches that have a brass...
  6. JIM4

I am trying to lay out my field well to my 525 water tank. I want to use it only during the summer. I want a float valve to control the pump. I am trying to keep the tank full after it empties, and stop the pump once it is full. I am considering a relay on a float valve to control the pump...
  7. JIM4

help with sizing a gravity feed tank pipe

Thanks Chris, Thanks again. I am using T-tape. It is a flat plastic tube that drips water. It has a flow rate of .34 gal per min, 20 gal per hour, per 100 feet at 8 psi. I have about 2400 feet of tape. I have the 550 gal tank on the hill that will be constantly filled from the creek. The...
  8. JIM4

Reply to post Chris thanks for getting back. The requirements are: 20-28 psi from the water tank to the manifold (based on 4.3 per 10 feet of head). From the manifold the switches work down to 4 psi. It is a gravity feed drip irrigation system. I am wondering if 1" tube/pipe might have...
  9. JIM4

Hello all, I am installing a 525 gal water tank 40-50' up on a hill. The tank will flow water by gravity down to a 4 way manifold that waters my garden. The distance from the tank to the manifold is +/- 600'. Can I use a 1" pvc pipe or will that cause too much friction. Are there any other...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks