Search results

1. Pbaxter

Hydronic baseboard bleeding problem

Good point. I'll look into taht. Thanks!:)
  2. Pbaxter

Pretty sure. I opened it so far that the stem shot out of the valve and water spurted out. Also, water came out the bleed valve.
  3. Pbaxter

Note- I also posted this in the Boiler forum since the topic seemed to fit both areas. Apologies if this violates cross-posting rules. Have a 2-story house with one-zone hydronic baseboard heating (upper and lower floors are piped separately, but only one thermostat). This is an old house...
  4. Pbaxter

An odd air-bleeding problem

Have a 2-story house with one-zone hydronic baseboard heating (upper and lower floors are piped separately, but only one thermostat). This is an old house with heavy cast-iron baseboard radiators. All rooms get heat EXCEPT one room on the upper floor. Naturally I expected to get air when I...
  5. Pbaxter

Newbie hydronic questions!

Thanks folks.
  6. Pbaxter

Hot water baseboard problem

Thanks, Jim. The non-working radiator is in fact at the top of its run. I'll start there. And I'll check the pump wiring. The previous owner was renovating the house to flip it and may have wired the pump on to prevent freezing. All my previous houses were forced-air, so I'm trying to learn...
  7. Pbaxter

Hot water baseboard problem

1 - Is it normal for the circulating pump to run all the time, even when heat is not needed? 2 - Is it normal to be able to hear the pump running ( the sound seems to be conducted through the pipes)? 3 - One room's heater doesn't give off any heat. Its valve seems to be open. I've been told to...
  8. Pbaxter

Newbie hydronic questions!

I've just bought an older house with hydronic baseboard heating. The boiler is only a few years old. 1 - Is it normal for the circulating pump to run all the time, even when heat is not needed? 2 - Is it normal to be able to hear the pump running ( the sound seems to be conducted through...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks