Search results

1. Leaky1

Closet Flange Extension Kit Question

Over a decade ago I installed a BruCo Closet flange extension kit to raise the flange due to a tile installation. The bathroom has been used very little and we are putting it back in regular service with a new Toto Drake II toilet. The original kit was installed with the first flange sealed to...
  2. Leaky1

Insinkerator Evolution Disposal Tail Pipe Too Short

Does anyone know if the Danco 88441 tailpiece will fit the Insinkerator Evolution disposal? The tailpiece that comes from Insinkerator is only 4” long. I need one at least 8” long. http://shop.jencowholesale.com/danco-88441-waste-bend-wgasket-for-in-sink-erator-disposals
  3. Leaky1

Toto CST454CEFG Drake II not Compatible with Danco Perfect Seal

Anyone else have a problem seating a Toto CST454CEFG Drake II on a Danco Perfect Seal? Our installation is on new tile that is perfectly flat and I used a new Sioux Chief 884-ATMPK 4" X 3" Total Knockout Closet Flange that has an installed height of less than a 1/2”. Danco claims their Perfect...
  4. Leaky1

Assembling Ductwork For Range Hood

I am running 7 inch round 26 gauge metal duct for our kitchen and assembling five 3 foot sections for a long run. When I align all the seams I find one seam on top of another forces the walls of the mating ducts apart significantly. Would it be better rotate the mating ducts so the seams are...
  5. Leaky1

Radiant Supply Panel Questions

I am finally ready to move ahead with the supplemental heating system for our master bathroom tile floor. The Joist Trak has been installed in the joist bays below the master bath and the 1/2†Uponor hePEX has been run. I am now ready to work on the radiant supply panel. It will be located in...
  6. Leaky1

Drain For Garage Sink & Standing Pipe

I am in the process of installing a sink in my garage and I will be trying the drain into the 3†vertical drain that services a toilet, tub and sink in the bathroom above. There was a standing pipe connected to the 3†vertical drain via a 3â€x3â€x2†santee which I will use to connect the new...
  7. Leaky1

AO Smith Vertex – Condensate Trap, Pump and Air Gap Questions

I am in the process of replacing and moving my water heater from the upstairs laundry room to our garage. I am installing an AO Smith Vertex water heater and I see I need to provide a method of disposing of the condensate. Since I will not be able to gravity feed the condensate to the tailpiece...
  8. Leaky1

GE GeoSpring Earthquake Bracing For California

I am thinking about installing a GE GeoSpring water heater in my garage and stopped by a Sears store to check out the product. I see there is a removable cover to allow access to the heating elements that extends from the top to the bottom of the tank. The GE install instructions state bracing...
  9. Leaky1

AO Smith Vertex GPH, Customer Satisfaction & Repair History

I see the AO Smith Vertex GPHE-50 has been out for a few years now and I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with installation and reliability. http://www.hotwater.com/Water-Heaters/Residential/Conventional/Gas/Vertex/
  10. Leaky1

Firestopping Plumbing Supply Lines

What size holes should I drill for 1/2†copper supply lines penetrating 2x top plates and sole plates and how should they be firestopped. Thanks
  11. Leaky1

Sump Basin Install Questions

I want to locate a new 30†sump basin in our crawlspace. The old basin was a temporary means to pump out water while we determined the source of the water infiltrating our crawlspace. At the same time we also installed a concrete gutter on top of the spread footing for the front retaining wall...
  12. Leaky1

Crawl Space Beam and Joist Support Questions

Our townhouse experienced significant damage to the framing in the crawl space due to water infiltration. We spent the last two years investigating where the water was coming from and believe we have done all that can be done to eliminate the sources. With that resolved we moved on to rebuilding...
  13. Leaky1

Replacing Kitchen Sink Drain Line

We had to rebuild the foundation and floor under our kitchen and disconnected the existing plumbing to do the work. Below is a picture of the stud wall with the disconnected plumbing. I inserted some fittings showing how the plumbing was previously connected. We decided to move the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks