Search results

1. J

Rough-In Question from Novice

Specs One of the toilets that is confusing is the American Standard Right Height Elongated Toilet, model 2386.012. The spec sheet at American Standard seems to show more than 3" distance from the wall for both the tank and the bowl. So I couldn't figure out why I need 12" rough-in...
  2. J

Rough-In Question from Novice

My desktop is littered with spec sheets for toilets requiring 12-inch rough-in. In many of these cases, no part of the toilet is closer than 4" to the finished wall. So - why is a 12" rough-in required? Why not just 8", enough to keep the toilet from touching the wall? Obviously I'm missing...
  3. J

Need New Toilet - but pipe issue

Our condo did a complete redo of all building water pipes and the new pipes for the bathroom vanity run along the baseboard behind the toilet. The pipe enclosure is a box that extends 3" out from the wall and 3" up from the floor. I'm having trouble finding a new toilet whose base (footprint)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks