Search results

1. jphelps

Ice maker outlet

During my kitchen remodel I decided to move my refrigerator across the room, and luckily the wall where the frig will reside contains the cold water supply for the upstairs bathroom. I am planning on installing an ice maker outlet to supply water to the refrigerator. My question is, do need an...
  2. jphelps

Kitchen gas line

Thanks Spacemen, I ended up re-doing the connections that would be enclosed in the wall with Rectorseal pipe dope. All the fitting are as tight as I could get them. No leaks with soapy water, so up goes the sheetrock. Thanks
  3. jphelps

Kitchen gas line

I am remodeling my kitchen and needed to move the natural gas line 1' to the left. The line previousely came up from the gargae below and turned 90 degrees out through the wall. I turned the 90 degree elbow to the left, connected a 12" iron pipe, ran it through a stud, and attached another 90...
  4. jphelps

Not so level tub

Thanks for the info. I hadn't even thought about how the un-level tub would affect the tiling! Thanks again!
  5. jphelps

Not so level tub

It's not too far off level, maybe slightly over an 1/8", but unfortunately it slopes away from the drain. It is level in the direction from the skirt side to the wall. I half filled the tub and all of the water drains out.
  6. jphelps

Not so level tub

I recently installed a new Kohler cast iron tub and while checking it for level I found that it slopes slightly away from the drain. The slope is very slight, the tub drains correctly, and there is no movement of the tub in any direction. My question is, how important is it to have the tub...
  7. jphelps

Bathroom vent stack

I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom, and when I opened a wall to incorporate the closet on the other side, I found the house's main vent stack. It goes from the basement to the roof and services all the house's plumbing. It is a 5 or 6 inch cast iron pipe, with a few connection in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks