Search results

1. CaliSkier

Delta Single Handel Shower Faucet. 3 o'clock = warm, 1 o'clock = off, 11 o'clock super hot, 9 o'clock warm, Correct range of motion, wrong settings

I was ablet to fix it, it was the the valve cartridge needed to be replaced, it works now. BTW to get the bonnet nut off I had to use a hack saw th make a grove in it, using a flathead I hit it with a hammer to untwist it. Using a pipe wrinch would have broken the pipes in the wall.
  2. CaliSkier

Delta Single Handel Shower Faucet. 3 o'clock = warm, 1 o'clock = off, 11 o'clock super hot, 9 o'clock warm, Correct range of motion, wrong settings

Pictured below I have that shower faucet. I am not sure if it just wore out or if it was turned too hard or what, but what I do know is it used to work normal. Normal was: Off at 3 o'clock, turning counter clockwise it would go from cold to warmer, warmer, hot, hottest at 9 o'clock where the...
  3. CaliSkier

Stacked Bathroom Question. Yes saving money by stacking but is it ok to be a little bit off?

Thank you both for your help... Can I do something like this? They are about 19 feet apart latterally and on different floors. Can I just go across like in the photo? Top Floor Bathroom is on the left Bottom Floor bathroom is on the right Photo is an example of what I am thinking...Can I...
  4. CaliSkier

Stacked Bathroom Question. Yes saving money by stacking but is it ok to be a little bit off?

Hi, So I am designing a 2 story addition to my house that will have a 1/2 bath down stairs, toilet and sink, and a full bath upstairs that will have shower - tub, toilet, sink, Looking at the two photos, you can see where the two bathroom layout, they are on top of each other and the top...
  5. CaliSkier

Home drain lines are clogging at the cleanout. Water under laminate.

I am the one fixing it. I have not been able to get back to the house, but its working... for now. I will probably not be able to get there for a week. I bought a "JetSnake" which is very similar to the Clog Hog that Reach4 suggested. I am starting to think its not needed based on the...
  6. CaliSkier

It appears that it actually did not get under the laminant, at least its not warping and its very dry.
  7. CaliSkier

I should have said thanks to you as well reach4 Yes I know what you mean, but as a landlord of a nice house I certainly do not want to pay tens of thousands of dollars if the sewer backed up and then have to deal with the tenets. To your point, or I assume what your point is, the guy at...
  8. CaliSkier

Thanks all for the advice and help, all you guys... Turtles, Chewwong, Jeff Young. According to the previous owner: "The problem only happens every once in a while when someone flushes too much paper or a tampon or something that is not supposed to be there" Tenants said they did not do...
  9. CaliSkier

Yes, there was flow and the flow was about like this video, which I think is a little slow. Note, this is not my house or video. I did not see the water start flowing, so maybe it’s backing up? I think in this video it’s also backing up, the flow seems slow to me
  10. CaliSkier

OH, I saw this and never read it!! Yes, this is the same doc from here: https://www.ferguson.com/product/proflo-3-in-plastic-hub-backwater-valve-pf42852/_/R-855034 and it says on 7 like you pointed out: After cleaning, carefully inspect the o-ring gasket on the lid and the o-ring gasket or...
  11. CaliSkier

OK, so I got the lid off. Its a Proflo 42852 https://www.ferguson.com/product/proflo-3-in-plastic-hub-backwater-valve-pf42852/_/R-855034 I am trying to figure out if the flap on the inside needs a rubber gasket because as you can see in the picture there is a ring grove for one but there is...
  12. CaliSkier

Yes that would be a better option but would cause me to have to tear everything out. Mine is the proflo 42852 and is pushed open by the water flowing out.
  13. CaliSkier

great suggestion, I had already bought this one, but yours can do 1.5" pipes, I wont need that this time, but maybe in the future. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083NRB3NG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews
  14. CaliSkier

Yes, thanks brother, I plan to do just that as it is the easiest thing to see if there is an issue, just not easy to get off.
  15. CaliSkier

Agree, and thank you, I am going to clean out the line with a pressure washertool and I plan to build a gravel pit and valve cover box for the valve once I get the lid off.
  16. CaliSkier

Good thought on the board! I am not there so I can't measure it but I can bring a board and cut it on site.
  17. CaliSkier

Ok, I will have to dig a huge hole next to it to get my channel locks on the rim. I will have to do that. Then I will clean all the dirt off of it and back fill with gravel and an axis box. Temps get down to 1 degree sometimes in the winters here, I assume because there is little water...
  18. CaliSkier

Thanks for the continued help...Where is the main trap? I am not sure how I am going to get channel locks on there without breaking off those tabs. Once I get if fixed I will be sure to back fill with gravel and put a box over the top of it so that no more dirt gets on it, this is ridiculous.
  19. CaliSkier

What tool gets this off? I think mine is about 6 inches across
  20. CaliSkier

Sorry, there are no trees anywhere near this line and I believe they empty into the main sewer about 25 feet away. The closest tree is 75 feet away on the other side of a driveway, a fence and in another yard.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks