Search results

1. browncow

Toilet drain code for remodel

Also, should I be worried whether an inspector will approve work on a pipe in an exterior wall? I know there are prohibitions about plumbing in exterior walls, but I'm not sure if that applies to DWV, or just supply lines. Also, I'd expect some small amount of leeway given that it's a remodel...
  2. browncow

Thank you very much! That's very good to know. If I do this, I will completely destroy the top plate in that section (it's mostly cut-through already, but I would most likely finish the job). I believe this means I will need straps to hold the now-completely-severed top plate together. About...
  3. browncow

I'm have a toilet drain running in the ceiling of my kitchen, then into the exterior 2x4 kitchen wall. In this transition from horizontal to vertical, the 3" copper pipe has a long sweep (two 45s connected by a short straight section). This runs in front of the top plate of the wall. It...
  4. browncow

Intermittent Intellivent/Powershot problems: gas HWH fails to stay on sometimes

We have a 25 month old A.O. Smith PowerShot. Works nicely. Most of the time. Sometimes, the LEDs on the front indicate "System in Lockout" (according to the manual). After a few resets, and/or a few hours, the problem fixes itself. The manual gives four possible reasons for the specific...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks