Search results

1. Cej22

Double sink vanity with 1.5 inch pipe

Replying to an older thread in order to not create clutter. Apologies if that's bad form around here. For the configuration in the pic in the original post, are the dimensions between fittings relevant at all? Can you tie the second vent into the original line lower than is shown? My assumption...
  2. Cej22

Request for help identifying a bath fan based on its housing

I inherited a partially complete basement bathroom when I bought this house. The fan housing is installed and I can see that it's ducted. However, for some reason they didn't install the fan. It would save me a lot of time if I can identify the fan correctly and buy a replacement that will mount...
  3. Cej22

How to determine if basement drains can be filled in?

Eighteen months ago I purchased a house built in 1947 that was gutted and completely remodeled in 2009. I have a french drain around the perimeter of the home and have a sump pump in the basement with what appears to be a single cleanout in the floor. There is also modern plumbing in the...
  4. Cej22

Flush fit cleanout cover

Thanks. I assume that should become obvious once I remove the cap.
  5. Cej22

Flush fit cleanout cover

I just purchased a home that has a cleanout coming out of the floor in the corner of the basement. However, I want to put a sofa in this corner. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to cut this flush with the slab and install a tom-kap? The carpet is simply a carpet tile. I would remove it...
  6. Cej22

Adding 4-way switches to a 3-way lighting circuit

I'll repeat that this issue is resolved thanks to Jim Port's advice. Everything is working. Thanks.
  7. Cej22

3-way dimmer problem

Thanks for the explanation on how to wire the remotes. It makes sense. However, there is no white wire on my switch. Looks like that wire only exists on the low voltage version. I will likely just add remotes down the road if I decide I really want them. For now I have dimmable tracks and...
  8. Cej22

3-way dimmer problem

The instructions match the model I have, but it does look as though I'll need to replace the other switches on the circuit with the coordinating remote dimmers in order to get this to work. I'll probably pass on that for now, but thanks for the help.
  9. Cej22

3-way dimmer problem

Here's how it's wired and here's a pic of the wiring diagram. This wiring makes the switch functional, but not if I turn the lights off using one of the other switches. I tried basically every other wiring using the wires pictured and nothing worked at all. I don't know why the diagram shows...
  10. Cej22

Just wanted to say thanks for this advice. I finally got back to this project and got everything working. I appreciate the help.
  11. Cej22

3-way dimmer problem

I have a circuit controlling 12 cans that has two 3-way and two 4-way switches. I tried replacing one of the 3-way switches with a Pass and Seymour Multilocation Preset Dimmer (D1000MWV). The dimmer operates the lights, but if you turn off the lights using one of the other switches, then it no...
  12. Cej22

Sorry. What do you mean by s/l? Switch leg? There are maybe five or six outlets on the same circuit. I assume that the other wires in the box are either coming from or going to those outlets.
  13. Cej22

I did connect the same set of wires to the in screws, and then the other set to the out screws. It didn't work. That's when I swapped their locations and tried that. Still no luck.
  14. Cej22

So I should wire the reds together at the 4-way locations and use the white ones on the screws instead?. I don't know why the red wire at the 3-way in the picture isn't wired to the switch? Should the wiring be corrected at the 3-way, or does that configuration make sense to you guys. It seems...
  15. Cej22

I'm back again I can't believe it has been this long since I originally posted about this. Anyway, I was able to get this originally figured out simply by cutting the 14/3 that lead from the upstairs switch to the downstairs switch. I ran it to the first 4-way location and two more subsequent...
  16. Cej22

Basement finishing questions

Basic question, but how do I determine the actual voltage?
  17. Cej22

I'm definitely not an electrician so maybe someone can explain the concern. Ideally, I'd like to have one 20 amp circuit for the microwave and mini fridge. The rest could easily go on other circuits. 20 amp = 2400 watts capacity Microwave = 1000 watts Compact Fridge is 8 amps on startup...
  18. Cej22

I won't be plugging it into a GFCI outlet, but it will go in a receptacle that has a GFCI upstream. Code requires it due to the proximity to the entertainment sink. Besides, it's just a compact fridge. It won't be holding much other than beverages.
  19. Cej22

Circuit plan I think I have room in the panel for two, but I need to double-check. If I run two circuits to the wet bar, how would you recommend I break it up? 15 or 20 amp circuits? I've got: Small microwave Mini fridge Two outlets Two 50W can lights Here are the other circuits I'm...
  20. Cej22

There's something in the code that says all receptacles in a finished basement need to be GFCI protected? Can you quote the section? I'm not familiar with that.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks