Search results

1. mattbeme

Proprietary Faucet Supplies - Can I Solder in Copper Tubes?

$10 worth of hardware ..... that's $10 for the customer or myself! .... probably 25 cents for the manufacturer if they were to put the proper part on. Matt
  2. mattbeme

thanks guys. You've convinced me that I can trust these supply line systems. I understand the frustration with what I was proposing but I have to say that more and more all the time my work in electronics and furniture and auto repair involves machining, adding braces, fixing cracks...
  3. mattbeme

O Rings: some are in contact with water more than others and in different manners. The rubber lined supply hoses on my water tank are rapidly disintegrating due to the highly chlorinated water (esp. a problem with chlorproamine) Why is it that many rubber seals, o rings etc. seem to turn...
  4. mattbeme

O Rings disintegrate quite rapidly with highly chlorinated water I believe. The old system of having soldered-in tubing stubs was very strong and very reliable. I need a new kitchen faucet with pull-out spray and I am not thrilled with seeing this new supply hose system on so many faucets...
  5. mattbeme

I should have been more specific. I am talking about the main faucet/valve body into which the proprietary flexible lines plug into. The other end of these lines then screw onto the water supply shut-off valves. The holes that these lines plug into are the ones I was wondering about...
  6. mattbeme

Proprietary Faucet Supply Lines - Are They Good?

See Pic Below for an Example. I am talking about the proprietary flexible supply lines that many faucets come with now. The ones with a 'special' fitting , usually narrow, that plugs-in in some way to the faucet valve body. The other end of these hoses/lines connect to the supply shut-off...
  7. mattbeme

I have noticed that many companies are using proprietary flexible supply lines on faucets. 1. Would it be possible to solder in good ol fashioned soft copper tubing stubs into the holes that the flex lines plug into? 2. I was thinking that if needed the holes could be drilled out a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks