Search results

1. ChuckS

Are Flexible Lines Against Code In Michigan For Water Heaters? IPC 2006

Yep, they are getting a bad rep these days while big money is using illegal labor to force the unions out. Union representation is down to 7% from a high of 30%. This is why the Repubs don't want immigration reform, they can pay them what ever they want while their illegal since they're afraid...
  2. ChuckS

Recommended dishwasher for tankless??

It'd be best to have a dishwasher to heat the water if you have a tankless. We turn on the kitchen facet until the water gets hot then tun on the diswasher. At least they wash with hot water.
  3. ChuckS

Price "guess" Tankless Water Heater/10 Gallon storage and existing recirc pump

Basically there is a flow switch and a aquastat. Turning on any fracet operates the flow switch which is in series with the aquastat which turns off the recirc loop when it reaches the temp you have set. @OP... Here is a guy that shows a good way to add a tank to your tankless...
  4. ChuckS

Need help making the right decision on tankless

I have a recirculating loop that eliminates my sandwich problem. The way mine is setup the loop comes on automatically when any hot water is demanded and turns itself off once the aquastat reaches 120' Mines was modeled after this one. I got the flo switch off **** for about $30. Make sure to...
  5. ChuckS

Impossible clog! Kitchen Sink, Wash Machine, Dishwasher!

Yep, cleaning a drain is one of few jobs where duct tape isn't useful.
  6. ChuckS

Sharkbite Questions Code Leaks hate em like em

I took the statement that way also. First thing I thought is how life would be expensive if everyone took that attitude. The accountant would do your taxes long hand instead of using a computer because "he charges for that time". What if the carpenter didn't use a nail gun or power saw? What if...
  7. ChuckS

If install cost wasn't an issue...

What do you think of Paloma? We've had one a few months now and it seems to keep up. Are they reliable? Do they last?
  8. ChuckS

Watts Instant Hot Water Recirculating System

Perhaps you can tell us your situation and what you're trying to achieve. Do you have a tankless or a tank? How long is it taking to get hot water and how far is the furthest facet? Is the house occupied all day or just certain times? As for the wats, I have one but not impressed. It has...
  9. ChuckS

Sediment in hot water lines with tankless heater

What kind of tankless do you have? Anything other than the heater in the hot path? What kind of pipes?
  10. ChuckS

Porch ceiling lighting

The water proof boxes are just a couple of bucks more.
  11. ChuckS

Two scary wiring mistakes in my garage

I guess that's what you get from the lowest bidder...
  12. ChuckS

Copper toilet flange into cast iron pipe issue

I'm no plumber but it seems to me you may not have to cut the excess completely off. If you cut vertical slits in the pipe about every 1/4 inch you can then fold the tabs down into the pipe. You could break them off if you want but the flange will be inside so they may be ok just folded down.
  13. ChuckS

Having plumber coming tomorrow to replace 3" flue with 4"

Might I recommend an air freshener. You seem to have a sensitive nose.
  14. ChuckS

Terry - thanks for the avatar!

I went with a self portrait. I didn't shave that day but you can't really see my 5pm shaddow...
  15. ChuckS

Fine tuning tankless water heater on well system

My tank was in a crawl space and was a gas low boy roughly 3 ft tall but kind of fat. I am sure it wasn't 50 gal's.
  16. ChuckS

You say one shower is 3 gpm so two would be 6 gpm. At 77 degree rise you output 5 gpm. That's proving your input water temp is exactly 55 in the morning. From a well??? Also, the chart I just looked at here says you will get 3.2 gpm with 55 degree ground water and a 2.5 gpm shower head. I...
  17. ChuckS

TOTO Neorest 500 toilet product review and comments. MS950CG

Talk about an electric chair, hate to see it short circuit during a good thought... That might raise the pucker factor. Seriously, that is some throne. With that heated seat I would have to put the kid out to use it. She turns on the ones in the car during the summer.
  18. ChuckS

Toto Drake skid mark problem

I flush twice or even 3 times when it's a stainer...
  19. ChuckS

Help with trap configuration

I'm no plumber but I'd go with the previous guys solution. It appears to have worked and it's in the vanity so no one sees it.
  20. ChuckS

I'm no expert but the guy who installed mine put it right by the gas regulator and said the length of the gas line makes all the performance difference. For all I know he could have been FOS. I do know from testing mine increasing my water pipes to 3/4 made a big difference. I also noticed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks