Search results

1. tomluoma

Odor in cold water NOT the hot - Whats up and How do I fix it?

Once the main enters the house all of the cold water faucets smell but none of the hot -- only for a short time each. The smell is stronger the long the faucet, bibb or valve has been closed. Additional to my main post -- Water Heater is a new Richmond LPG Powervent set to 120F. Well water Ph...
  2. tomluoma

Odor in cold water NOT the hot - Whats up and How do I fix it?

We've got a problem that has shown up in a six month old installation. We are getting the "rotten egg" smell from the cold water faucets but not the hot. It took two to three months before we even noticed the smell. The odor is only there for about the first pint or quart of water. This...
  3. tomluoma

Any info on Copper Lock by ComStar? - no soldering

CopperLock Thanks for the feedback. As a retired engineer I did a lot of work with cynoacrylate adhesives. They were great at high temps with extremely thin joints -- one project was glueing pole caps on magnets with water-thin "superglue" and running them at 450 degrees. However...
  4. tomluoma

Any info on Copper Lock by ComStar? - no soldering

Does anyone have any experience with Copper Lock by ComStar? It is "superglue" for rigid copper water pipe. Is it approved by any states for residential use? http://www.comstarproducts.com/uploads/files/file_633567348201776594.pdf
  5. tomluoma

Which PEX brands for Thermofin-C plates - Dupe from HVAC forum

We are putting in our first underfloor hydronics system. We want to use Radiant Engng Thermofin-C heat plates on 8 inch centers. They recommend ViegaPEX Barrier (PEX-c) because they say PEX-c is gripped by the track better -- but it has a 9.5 min C/L bend radius. We find this troubling...
  6. tomluoma

Hydronics - Which PEX brands for Thermofin-C plates

We are putting in our first underfloor hydronics system. We want to use Radiant Engng Thermofin-C heat plates on 8 inch centers. They recommend ViegaPEX Barrier (PEX-c) because they say PEX-c is gripped by the track better -- but it has a 9.5 min C/L bend radius. We find this troubling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks