Search results

1. Hidden 1

Duct sealing

I had to custom make a few ducts to my heat pump that connects at unit , an wanted to know on sealing them if you apply the duct sealant on joints made with s channel an if you use the mesh type tape-similar to drywall type .Also is it only applied on outside of joints or both inside an outside...
  2. Hidden 1

Ground wire/ heat kit

On a amana heat pump system ,at the heat kit ground ,can i run a green ground wire to there,off the main ground lug, that the unit has at incoming power ? Or does it have to have its own. An if ground lug is large enough can u ground 2 wires in it or does it need to be changed to a double...
  3. Hidden 1

Comparing readings / heat pump

What issues do these readings an specs possibly indicate ? R22 goodman heat pump package unit . Its 73 f an 50% humidity as tested in mid morning. One pic is the heat pump specs an the other has the readings. [ i know the writing is small] Readings found say : Suction psi 51.9/26.9 Liquid...
  4. Hidden 1

Cutting bathroom lines/ faucet

I am installing a bath sink and the lines are that grey plastic like tubing type that come out of the inside of the faucet ,and are very long. The ends have a rubber tip with them . I also had in the package 2 sleeves . I wanted to cut them to be shorter but wondered how well this would do...
  5. Hidden 1

Sump issue

I have a 1/3 hp sump pump with verticle float an it's in a pit .The issue I'm having is cycling- when it kicks on it runs about10 seconds then stops an depending on water level starts right back up again for 10 seconds..an on off cycle continues even though water level is high. What do I need...
  6. Hidden 1

Panel replace/pump

I will be updating the heat pump package unit ,2 an a half ton with10k heat kit ,an also updating the ac/heat shut off /panel. It has the old 80s style panel with 100 amp an a 50/50 an 30/30 . I understand that the lug/bar in these that the stranded bare AL is attatched to are to be used...
  7. Hidden 1

Homeline panel/breakers

I have a homeline 125a 4 space outside panel, an I can NOT locate any double 50 or double 30 for it locally .I'm not sure what's happening with the supplier .I dont like to switch over or mix with any other brands ever but will square D work on these panels ? An being they are of the same...
  8. Hidden 1

Sump pump issue

I finally got the sump installed ,1/3 hp w verticle float on side.Issue I'm seeing is its short cycling or stopping before its emptied all out .then about a 20 second period an its pumping again about 4 or 5 seconds.It has the check valve an weep hole . Do I need to adjust the float? I dont...
  9. Hidden 1

Sump float question

On the float style sump pump, at what point do the floats enguage the motor? Also how do I need to adjust the float to get the water out sooner? This has a clip in it to put line on float. It doesnt seem to be engaging when water is at the point where it's almost fully horizontal. Any info is...
  10. Hidden 1

Electrical contactor question

I finally got the 24 volt wiring to contactor going but still not engaging even if i direct wire the 3 24v wires at unit to bypass stat...Contactor is fairly new.. Maybe the new part/coil relay helped. Defrost relay tested an seemed to work fine. 4th capacitor at blower replaced also...
  11. Hidden 1

Wiring transformer

I have a old trane heatpump an need to change out the transformer. On the new one the colors differ . The old one has a 230 60 hz /24vt 77va An 2 wires going in 1 black fused an a pair of blue wires . Coming out it has a hook up for the 2 red /white stripped. An a hook up for the other 2...
  12. Hidden 1

Heating elements

Iwas wanting to know if i may have a grounded out element ? One of the 2 is bad -though both show ohms on end screws ,[ 1 lead to one screw an the other to next beside it] One swows ohms fom screw to inside long shaft on element an the other does not[a new one was tested an it does not show...
  13. Hidden 1

Question on weatherhead/wire

I wanted to know if some older weather head hook ups used to have a additonal #4 bare copper running down the side of it,after adjoined to incoming neutral,then to meter box. And if it commonly went to neutral bar in meter box or to the inside case? Mine has that on it.Showing over top part...
  14. Hidden 1

Poco requirement on my meter

I have a older style meter an a mess with grounding . They wont turn it on till grounded correctly ..they left not on AL wire that i need to run it to ground rod This meter has no ground in it just the 3 main in/out . Its a 200 amp panel.In pic there is #2 Al coming along brick .looks like...
  15. Hidden 1

Drain project.

What is the best way to regrade or redirect the water in this tight area to flow away from home an unit. Maybe one of these grate like drains?longways beside unit . The hill an rain is washing ground an drain pipe .No problems on gutter drain for now. I can also build it up but area outside...
  16. Hidden 1

Sizing ducts

I replaced the 2 ton carrier heat pump package unit with a 2 ton goodman an had a few questions on duct sizing. The old 50s model had 14 inch ducts on unit then a reducer at duct to 12 inch flexable thru home.It had same size on return Is that duct downsizing supposed to happen from 14 to 12...
  17. Hidden 1

Wiring thermostat

Im installi g a new goodman 2stage heatpump package unit w eheat an kit an needed to know what wires i will need to hook up on diagram . Old unit was carrier 2 stage with eheat . The 2 diagrams look similar but the old stat unit uses w2 an e[maybe e is w1?]...jumpered- on diagram. New unit has...
  18. Hidden 1

Question on heat pumps

Do most 3 ton heat pump package systems-electric come with both sets of breakers in shut off box- one for air and the other for heat? And can a single stage heat pump put out ANY heat if there is only 1 set of 60amp fuses on one side of disconnect,nothing on the other? also is 2 stage the same...
  19. Hidden 1

photocell light

i have a outside light that uses a large sodium bulb with a photocell.comes on at dark off at dusk.i changed the photocell a year ago w no problems ,but lately it has been off and breaker tripped as i come home .reset it then 2 days later breaker tripped- back on all night after reset.-is this...
  20. Hidden 1

Toilet chugs

I have an older home and i think the toilet air pipe may have junk/maybe bird nest? in it .Everytime it flushes it makes that "chug chug" noise at end of flush and i hear it a bit from tub drain also. Drain lines are ok as i have cleared them. What could this be?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks