Search results

1. BlackNoir

Bathroom Sink Positioning

Hmmm.. only 2" eh? I saw a picture of a cabinet on a remodel show where they had an opening right under the counter where the put a rolled up towel. It looked really nice but I'm not sure how they were able to squeeze it in there. I was originally thinking it was a small box but maybe it's...
  2. BlackNoir

Bathroom Sink with Faucets mounted on the counter.
  3. BlackNoir

Not sure this is the best place to ask this but thought I'd try. I'm trying to figure out spacing for a sink so I can build a custom cabinet and I'm not sure what the standard position is for everything. How far away from the backsplash should the faucet be, and then how far from the faucet...
  4. BlackNoir

Tub Drain Question

I found some how-to's on it. I need a basket Wrench. Thanks again for the info.
  5. BlackNoir

Tub Drain Question

Ahh.. that's what my old tub had.. didn't think of doing that! How hard is it to remove the bottom drain flange?
  6. BlackNoir

thermostatic temperature control for bathtub

Any chance you have a link to one of these?
  7. BlackNoir

Tub Drain Question

Hey all, I have this new tub with the drain lever shown in the picture. Ever time my kids take a bath I worry they're going to get hurt with this thing sticking out like that. Is there any other options out there that I could replace it with? Thanks, Shay btw, the water is pink because the...
  8. BlackNoir

thermostatic temperature control for bathtub

Hi, I've been googling for this and haven't been lucky. Is there something that I could use to basically dial in a specific temperature of water for a bath? I'm basically looking for something that I can set to a specific temperature so I can fill a tub with that temp water. My kids love to...
  9. BlackNoir

Throttling Whirpool Pump

I called them actually and the 'Adjustable' pump is an extra option you can opt for when buying the tub. I bought mine off of craigslist so no options for me. They said to upgrade mine at this point would be $500.. I don't need it THAT bad.. :) The guy I bought it from thought maybe putting...
  10. BlackNoir

insulation

I was just wondering the same thing. Was also wondering if there was a way to insulate a whirlpool motor so it's not so loud?
  11. BlackNoir

Throttling Whirpool Pump

I bought a whirlpool bath with a 1hp motor and was wondering if there was a way to throttle/slow down the water flow from the pump? Thanks, BlackNoir
  12. BlackNoir

Tankless Water Heater for Tub

I posted this in the Shower & Tub forum before realizing there was a tankless water heater forum so I thought I'd try over here too. Is it plausible to get a tankless water heater for a tub? We have a 50 gallon water heater and we never seem to have enough hot water for our tub. The tub...
  13. BlackNoir

Tankless Water Heater for Tub

Is it plausible to get a tankless water heater for a tub? We have a 50 gallon water heater and we never seem to have enough hot water for our tub. The tub holds ~90 gallons and it's not like we fill it with steaming hot water. The water heater is new so... Is it possible to hook up a...
  14. BlackNoir

Question on installing a tub

I think I just found the answer. I don't have the tub yet, going to go look at one tomorrow, but is it common for the drain for the tub to go directly into a horizontal pipe which runs along the bottom of the tub and connects to the overflow, thus putting the drain pipe on the side of the tub...
  15. BlackNoir

Question on installing a tub

I'm putting a drop-in tub in a remodeled bathroom. The drain and water supply lines will be new. The problem is I have no access to directly under the tub once it's in so how do I connect it with the drain? The layout is thus. The bathroom is on the second floor and I have access to the...
  16. BlackNoir

1/2" PEX supply lines to Moen Shower valve

True, they're not actually PEX elbows.. I guess I was just using them as example. The question still stands, which is, is there any reason not to use PEX elbows? But, a good point about the sharkbites in concealed locations. I might just have to invest in a crimper after all. So if you...
  17. BlackNoir

1/2" PEX supply lines to Moen Shower valve

I'm curious, couldn't you just put in a couple 90 degree PEX elbows instead of that sharp bend? Is there any reason not to use PEX elbows? Seems like it would be the same as using copper. Especially if you used rigid PEX pipe instead of the flexible stuff. I'm going to be doing a shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks