Search results

1. floridasun

HELP! sprinkler system pump and ??????

you all are prolly glad to hear this. My professional sprinkler guy responded to another phone call to resolve some issues at my house today and while he was here I talked him into resolving my pump and sprinkler head issues over at my rental place.
  2. floridasun

so after seeing this, how about your ballpark prices on what you would charge to do this job from start to finish. forget what mess has been done already. What prices could I expect to here when and if I go this route?????
  3. floridasun

here's my plot plan...... ....so you see what I'm trying to sprinkle....... the proposed building is actually an existing 45 x 55 storage garage. The red hand drawn lines are the 1" pvc lines the previous owner laid. The x's are approx. locations of where the future sprinkler heads are...
  4. floridasun

the new sta rite pump states in the instructions "Do not use in a pressure tank application" and it says nothing or shows anything about an auto on/off pressure switch like on the previous pump. What's up??? Could i hook this one up similar to the previous pump?:confused:
  5. floridasun

I'mmmmmmm Back!!!! Hope you all had a great summer! Anyone want to come to Ft Myers, Fl and finish putting together my sprinkler system. I'm still where we left off, what, 7 maybe 8 months ago. Now that rainy season is almost over, I better get moving. Again thanks for the previous info. I'm...
  6. floridasun

I am working with what the previous owner started. 1" pipe throughout the yards. Longest run is probably 200' +/- with 8 heads.
  7. floridasun

so, would a 1.5 HP put out a lot more pressure than my .5 HP pump? thanks bob!
  8. floridasun

ok, I found the problem with the pump. Took apart the motor and pump housing and found a almond size seed pod stuck in the plastic SW INJECTOR.????? The plastic doodad that is screwed in from the side of the pump. Pump settings are on at 30 and off at 50 psi. Tried it after building the valve...
  9. floridasun

Do all of the pipes on the outlet side need to be 100 % air free for the pressure to start building? also, my pressure gauge was full of water seen behind the glass....
  10. floridasun

Red Jacket pump not working now???? My pump impeller is turning but no pressure is building up.???? plenty of water in the lines. I took off the pressure gauge and the water was shooting out a few inches but no pressure behind it, what cold be wrong now????? Pulled it apart, nothing jammed...
  11. floridasun

That's why I used a dwv 22. Needed to get those 90's out of there. I cut out the P trap today and put in a 90 in it's place. That pipe ain't leaking no more. For now I'm sticking with the 1 1/2" pvc suction line, but thanks for the poly suggestion. I went to look at/ get a 1 1/2 hp pump, only a...
  12. floridasun

Speedbump, sewer fitting? is that the 22 degree fitting that your talking about? To the right of the check valve? Is that a problem?
  13. floridasun

pipe going under slab.... Leaking P trap???? look closely, you can see the water running out from below.
  14. floridasun

Redo Check valve closer and under water, changed the 2 90's to 2 22's, better flow? Got rid of the union and multiple 90's, used 2-45's Tried to presure up the pump after the changes, no go! nothing, and I primed the same way as yesterday. the gauge did not move and there was NO...
  15. floridasun

Ok i spent all day playing with my pipes. Pictures later, I moved the check valve closer to the lake filter and now it is always under water. The check valve is working good so far. I've been hunting down the leak on the suction 1 1/2 " pipe. I noticed that the pump would always run dry, no...
  16. floridasun

Does a brass foot valve have a built in check valve?:confused:
  17. floridasun

What's a foot valve? Where's it go? And where can I get one? I did notice that when the power went out, pump stopped, power came on, the pump lost it's prime. Check valve not working??????
  18. floridasun

Hey, thanks for the info, keep it coming. I clearly am flying by the seat of my pants here. Relying on you guys for the right direction. I redid the PVC piping and moved the prime valve to a T at the top instead of halfway down the pipe coming out of the pump. I couldn't get the pump to prime...
  19. floridasun

Thanks for the responce, I'll try those today. I found a 1.5 up pump for sale that I was going to go look at today. Do you think my .5 hp will do the trick?:rolleyes:
  20. floridasun

more pic's 1 1/2" suction line down to check valve and filter pipe. close up of stones. pipe goes into stones then 90's down and then 90's out to filter pipe. top of that unit should be about 4 or 5"s under water level. front view: 3/4" valve, red handle to the right-top, is a fill, to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks