Search results

1. Rutherfordman

Second Tank installed on system - Not what I expected

So I got the 60 gallon tank installed this morning on the system and have left the 20 gallon at the pressure switch. At first there was almost a 15 psi difference between the tanks. I suspected the water filter was terribly clogged which was between them as I just bought the house and have not...
  2. Rutherfordman

Stainless verses Thermoplastic Impellers

Neighbor just had their 5 HP submersible replaced. Original pump was a Grundfos stainless steel impeller and it lasted over 10 years. The one replaced after that had a thermoplastic impeller I believe and it only lasted 7 years, evidently the motor was good but the impeller was shot according to...
  3. Rutherfordman

Getting strainer off Oatey shower drain

There must be a trick to this. I have a push on connection plastic oatey shower drain and I am wondering how you get the strainer off. I have tried several things and don't want to bend it. It has tabs bent down and you can turn it but I cant' get it off. Thanks fo any help.
  4. Rutherfordman

Prefab shower drain installation - slab on grade

This is probably not rocket science but could someone walk me thru how to install the drain on my new prefab shower base. I have a 2" PVC pipe in a box out (slab on grade)for the shower with the trap below slab. I need to buy the correct drain from one of the big two home supply stores. Which...
  5. Rutherfordman

Franklin Box Parts

Looking for a Relay Coil/Contact (part#155031110) for a 3 HP Franklin Deluxe Box (model 2823028310, 230V, 60Hz, 1 PH). Hopefully one made by GE or the like, not by China! Lightning loves these guys even when you have the breaker shutoff.
  6. Rutherfordman

Second Bladder Tank sounds empty?

The deep submersible well system I have has two 200 gallon well-x-trol bladder tanks. They probably figured we needed them for 3 houses and a 3 gpm well. I am the only one using the well and have noticed ever since I started using the well 7 years ago that the second tank, furthest from the pump...
  7. Rutherfordman

Well head hissing when pump is on??

I was down at the well house when the pump kicked on and I noticed a new noise coming from the well head. It was a sucking air noise which was coming from where the wires go down in the casing. I removed the plastic threaded nipple with cap on the other side to see if that did anything and it...
  8. Rutherfordman

Replacing Bladder

I have two 200 gallon Well X trol bladder tanks on my well. They are 12 years old so I am probably on borrowed time. How hard is it to replace a bladder? The tanks are in good shape (outside) and I am fairly good with mechanical things. I can probably get the bladder through friends in the...
  9. Rutherfordman

One more for the guys who drill the holes

I have a new large (3500 acre) development being built around three sides of me. I am at the highest point in elevation to all this along with my well. They have drilled two wells at the base of the mountain which are producing 100 gpm+ each (or so that is their story). They are wanting to feed...
  10. Rutherfordman

Chlorinate well? after pump installation

Just curious. I had a new pump installed in my deep well. The water has definitely tasted different after the install and I wonder if it is common practice (or code) to add chemicals to the well to ward off bacteria, etc. I hope it clears out relatively soon so I can get the good ole mountain...
  11. Rutherfordman

Parts for Franklin Control Boxes

Does anyone know of a retail source (reasonable) for Franklin Control Box parts? I was getting a good deal thru Roanoke Armature but they no longer stock the parts. Lightning is a real enemy of these boxes and usually I have found that when it gets to the box it takes out the relay coil and...
  12. Rutherfordman

Old well drillers trick???

Thanks everyone for helping me from time to time with my well. I had a well driller tell me this one day and I was wondering if others have heard this and what they think about it. If you want to get an approximate idea of where your static water level is in your well you can drop an M&M...
  13. Rutherfordman

Berkeley Pumps

Anyone had any problems with these pumps. My application is a 4" submersible pump, 900 feet head, 3 HP. I am in the process of replacing my grundfos unit and I had thought they were putting in a Flint/Walling but the supply house did not have one in stock that fit my pump curve. Motor will be...
  14. Rutherfordman

Pressure Switch?

When pump is on I have a slight power flunction every now and then and when the pressure shuts off there is a slight hesitation in the control box. Just started today. Control box and breaker are new. Pump is 3 HP deep 800' 4" submersible. System is over 10 years old with original pump and...
  15. Rutherfordman

Flint and Walling Submersible Pumps

Anyone have any experiences with these for a deep (800') submersible pump? Motor will be Franklin
  16. Rutherfordman

Galvanized pipe corrosion

I live in western North Carolina. Most of our wells where I live are deep wells with submersible pumps supplying more than one property depending on the well yield. Most pumps are 3-5 HP. These wells were installed in 1997 and several in the past year or two have had holes develop in the 1-1/4"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks