Search results

1. hefty4690

Venting in slab

Inspection So do you see anything wrong with the install so far? Thanks for your input. Scott
  2. hefty4690

Venting in slab

I'm about 5 minutes from the library which is about 100 yards from city hall so I don't have any excuses on that front. This forum has been great. I would be wasting my time and the citys time if I submitted plans with a multitude of errors. Better to be 99% sure of things before starting the...
  3. hefty4690

Venting in slab

Thanks thanks again sewer. I think it means more work for me but I am glad to have the answers I need to do a good job of this. Scott
  4. hefty4690

Venting in slab

Only 5 hours? I'm sure if you were closer you would though. :) 2" is fine less fittings to buy. Nobody seems to want to answer my toilet vent question though. Can I vent out the side of the vertical rise to the toilet with a wye? Thanks for all your help even if it means more...
  5. hefty4690

Venting in slab

got shovel? Thanks sewerratz, I think. How close are you to Fairview Heights and do you own a shovel? It looks like I am going to have to cut out the wye that I reduced to 3" under the footer. Any recommendations for cutting 4" pvc when I cant get a sawzall in there? If I cut it back...
  6. hefty4690

Venting in slab

best option So it appears that there is and always will be some disagreements on horizontal venting. nhmaster, in your opinion it seems as though I am ok not to vent the toilet separately but others say that it is necessary. The toilet is 18" from a vent wet vent. Other than digging back...
  7. hefty4690

Venting in slab

toilet venting Here is a new drawing. I have very limited horizontal space to insert a vent for the toilet between the closet bend and the main. I do however have enough vertical space to insert a vent tee between the closet bend at the bottom of the trench and the top of the slab. This vent...
  8. hefty4690

Venting in slab

I am in Illinois Jay. I though I might need a separate vent on the toilet but the spacing is so tight. After the main enters the house there is an immediate wye w/ 45 for the sink drain. From the outside of the hub to the center of the toilet flange is only 18". I cannot fit another 3x3x2...
  9. hefty4690

Venting in slab

Thanks So just to be sure, my bottom picture will work with the floor drain vented through the standpipe wet vent. That will save me a little time.:D Scott
  10. hefty4690

Venting in slab

Vents Thanks nhmaster Ok so I can remove the vent coming up from the sink trap or the wet vent portion. Critical distance isn't a problem so I guess it doesn't matter which one I remove does it? How do you suggest that I vent these pipes in the slab? Will I need to route my horizontal...
  11. hefty4690

Venting in slab

Picture I'm sure a picture will help. All the distances are quite close between fixtures. Any suggestions? Scott
  12. hefty4690

Venting in slab

Another venting question. I wish I had a picture for you but I hope my description is enough. Here's the situation. I am installing a bathroom in my basement. I have removed the old floor drain in the corner that fed via a short section of clay pipe to the 4" line to the aeration system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks