Search results

1. thunderhead

Wall hydrant vs hose bibb

Thanks for the replies.
  2. thunderhead

Wall hydrant vs hose bibb

I will be adding a outside hose to water the lawn, wash the car etc. I bought a hose bibb and noticed it only has about a 3/16 hole in it, looks very restrictive. I have not looked at a wall hydrant in person but am thinking since they say they are for irrigation they would have more flow. Here...
  3. thunderhead

Santee on its back? Not for a drain.

I don't have a pic, I am just trying to get it figured out. Basically the toilet and the sink are inline with each other. I need to figure how to hook the sink into the toilet drain.
  4. thunderhead

Santee on its back? Not for a drain.

Can I use a santee on its back for a bathroom sink drain? It would be hooking into the toilet drain. If not, what would I use? Thanks
  5. thunderhead

Draining water heater

Thanks Reach. I will definitely have to add a filter system before I move in. This water is horrid, smells like rotten eggs bad! I put two gallons of bleach in it a few weeks ago but as soon as that went through the system the smell came back.
  6. thunderhead

Draining water heater

Thanks Phog. The water heater stays off all the time. So if I don't turn the faucet to hot I should not have to drain the water heater again?
  7. thunderhead

Draining water heater

Can I flush my water heater with the water supply still on? The reason I ask is because my water is so full of crap that every time I shut the supply off it clogs my toilet inlets. Also, the water heater is not turned on (don't live in the house, rehabbing it) so will sediment still form?
  8. thunderhead

AAV layout for washer?

OK, I like that idea. I will be there tomorrow and will check it out. Thanks
  9. thunderhead

AAV layout for washer?

It is a vent. It was plugged solid. I did manage to get it opened up enough to drain a sink but I don't think it would handle a washing machine. Also not sure how I would get a tee on it.
  10. thunderhead

AAV layout for washer?

OK, round 2. The red is the aav, green is the drain. Is it ok to run the drain this way? I can not run it straight, If I switch the boxes it will make the outlet 1" offset.
  11. thunderhead

P trap vs S trap

The drain goes into the basement, runs about 2' and then a vent going through the roof. Is that not venting properly?
  12. thunderhead

P trap vs S trap

I have been reading on the internet and now I am more confused than ever. Can someone explain in layman's terms what makes it one or the other? Is this picture a P or an S trap? Also, in this video I think the guy is getting confused but I think he was going from an S to a P. I just don't...
  13. thunderhead

AAV layout for washer?

Stuff. I think I see now. The aav has to come after the trap?
  14. thunderhead

AAV layout for washer?

Trap is under this, in basement.
  15. thunderhead

AAV layout for washer?

Will this set up work? The only pics I have seen have the aav coming off the main line and the drain in from the side? This is for a washing machine. Nothing glued in yet. The red mark is where the AAV will end up. Thanks
  16. thunderhead

AAV magic vent

That is what I am doing, adding a bathroom. Thank you
  17. thunderhead

AAV magic vent

Are they any good? Will one work for a toilet, sink and shower? Or just another gimmick? Thanks
  18. thunderhead

Submersible pump fell in well

Unfortunately I didn't check this forum before installing new pump. I just did a google search and what I found was to use a rope. Now it has me doubting but I don't really want to pull that pump again. Although it is only 70' down with the Poly pipe isn't too bad. I used a Flowtec pump, from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks