Search results

1. gss01

Ejector Pump Venting

Thanks everybody! Chick, I am moving my kitchen and I wanted to tie the new sink into that 2" vent pipe and then re route the part of the vent that came out from the pump into the main waste pipe. But since ya'll said I can't eliminate that vent, I'm gonna have to run a whole new pipe beside...
  2. gss01

Ejector Pump Venting

Thanks for the reply, but I know that it has to be vented. I just need to know where can i vent it? Do I have to keep the vent pipe running outside and up the side of the house or can I cut the vent pipe about 5 feet above the pump and just let the air vent into the basement air?
  3. gss01

Ejector Pump Venting

I have an ejector pump in my basement in which a 1/2 bath and washing machine are tied into. I have taken the 1/2 bath out and moved it upstairs and now only have the washing machine tied into it. My question is, do I still need to vent just the washing machine? The vent pipe runs the length...
  4. gss01

Few questions on bathroom remodel

i know you can use shark bites that join lines together just by pushing them in. i used them to join new pex lines to old copper lines. They have all kinds of fittings, couplers, etc. and they even rotate and you can buy a tool to remove them if you mess up. It is a little scary how easy it...
  5. gss01

PEX design question

so, why not 1/2" to the toilet?
  6. gss01

Toilet addition

sanitary tees can't lay horizontal and wye's can't be vertical.
  7. gss01

Odd Sink

so, according to the picture above, the top of that picture will be the bottom where i connect the trap and the bottom of the picure goes up into the drain hole itself, right?
  8. gss01

S-trap to P-trap

that looks like the vent that goes up and the drain that goes down. No problem there, right? As long as that's a sanitary tee, it should be easier to work with being that the pipe is exposed and easier to access.
  9. gss01

Odd Sink

i bought a new galvanized wall mounting bracket that will work just fine. I already reinforced the wall where the sink will be mounted. There is a date stamped into the porcelain that I believe may read Feb 11, 1954, so I am sure it is old, but I can't believe I haven't been able to find...
  10. gss01

Odd Sink

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36070636@N07/ I posted a thread a few weeks ago about this sink, but never heard from anyone that had really seen anything like this, let alone how to add a drain to it. We're trying to use this as a bathroom lavatory, but again, don't know how to connect a...
  11. gss01

basement sink pump/venting questions

we have a waste pump in our basement for a utility sink, washer, and toilet which vents through the base of the house and then runs up the side to above the roof line. It's not the prettiest thing, but that's just how it is.
  12. gss01

Can I Make This Sink Work?

link to new and old pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/36070636@N07/ sorry i forgot to post the link here it is
  13. gss01

more detailed pictures ok we have disassembled our faucet there are a few pictues of what we found inside. we also think that we have located a date on the back of what we think is feb 13 1954 possibly we can see ten different numbers each time we etch the print. there is no name to be found...
  14. gss01

Ok after hooking up the water supply to the sink we have been posed with a new problem...the water will come out of the faucet for a short period of time and then stops and only cascades around the bowl of the sink like a toilet...any ways to re direct or plug the holes??? any help is greatly...
  15. gss01

sink/urinal? here is a link to a album of pictures of the sink we have...i was told it was a shaving sink found in a boarding house for boys...i have seen antique prison sinks that have these holes in the drain and i would imagine that a urinal wouldn't need a faucet and a hot and cold one at...
  16. gss01

just found this picture, my sink, if it is a sink, has holes in the bottom somewhat similar to this, hopes this image helps and i will get pics of my sink up later.
  17. gss01

Gardner is right it is a built in porcelain tailpiece. I could make this easier if i knew the terminology. I do know that in normal sinks, you put a piec down from the top with a gasket and secure it fom below, making a water tight connection. This sink, there is no large hole to put the...
  18. gss01

I appreciate your reply However, there is no single large hole where the drain is. The drain is integrated, all porcelain with small holes for water drainage. The entire basin is solid. Thus, there is no pop up assembly to pull to activate a stop to trap water in the basin. This thing...
  19. gss01

It's 12" W X 13 1/2" D. The faucet is integrated, that is, the faucet and sink are all porcelain, one piece. The hot and cold handles are seperate and can be removed. There are holes all the way around the under part of the rim, (like a toilet?). The drain is integrated, that is, it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks