Search results

1. Nofears67

Spa pit sump pump recommendations?

My wife and I are planning to partially recess an above ground spa below ground. The manufacturer states this is an allowable installation technique as long as a sump pump is installed in the pit to pump out rain accumulation, runoff, etc. Does anyone have a recomendation for an inexpensive...
  2. Nofears67

Insulating water lines in attic?

Sound control is the primary objective here...
  3. Nofears67

Some of the R-38 attic insulation may make contact with some portions of the pipe but it certainly will not "encapsulate" them. Should I be concerned about condensation on the cold lines if I was to insulate them in the attic space?
  4. Nofears67

I'm building a single story home in Oak Glen, Ca. The plumbing for the home runs above the ceiling. My hot/cold trunk lines are both 1.25". The hot line is already insulated along with the recirculation loop. I am thinking about insulating the cold lines myself to cut down on the noise that is...
  5. Nofears67

Whole house filter recommendations for colored well water ?

Thanks for all the great input everyone! I have ordered two of these units and will plumb them in parallel. Thanks again.
  6. Nofears67

So what if I went with two of these units http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/products/parts/whole-house-bc20-housing.htm with this type of filter http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/ww-fi-20bb-sediment-water-filters.htm ? If I setup a manifold to run them in parallel then I should still be able to...
  7. Nofears67

When I had my water tested over a year ago the iron level was 0.707 mg/L. The well has been flushed and used regularly since then. I believe the recent "plug" of red water was caused by an extremely high demand when a line broke which allowed the pump to flow at full bore (~100 gpm) which...
  8. Nofears67

ballvalve, could you please PM me the brand of filter you recommend? So you are saying that if one sediment filter can flow 20 gpm and I set two in parallel from an 1.25" main line and bush back into the 1.25" line downstream that I should be able to flow 30-40 gpm? I have very high...
  9. Nofears67

ballvalve, I had contacted a company who made large filters that only came in 1" inlet/outlet and asked if I coule plumb two of these in parallel to essentially get a larger flow rate and they told me that would not work...
  10. Nofears67

Red coloered well water suddenly

Thanks again Cary. And BTW, the CSV has been working flawlessly so far (knock on wood :) )
  11. Nofears67

Thanks Cary. Would the CSV3B2T valve be adversely affected by the colored or sediment laden water that came thru the well? Would it be prudent to take the valve apart and clean out any sediment or would it likely clear itself out once the water cleared up? I flushed the well last night...
  12. Nofears67

The well serving my new house was constructed in the 60's. I had it video'd about 1.5 years ago and the casing looked fine. We had the well brushed and bailed, installed a new submersible pump and motor and flushed/tested the water. Everything was A-OK. We are getting ready to connect this...
  13. Nofears67

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good whole house filtration system with very low head loss that has inlet/oulet size of 1.25" or larger? We also need the filters to be able to flow up to 40 gpm. I ask because we have a well that occassionaly puts out "plugs" of red water that is also...
  14. Nofears67

Size of drain pipe for high performance shower?

Fortunately I'm on a private well that has plenty of water in it with very few neighbors around that draw from the same aquifer. This is the only way I could afford (litterally) to build a home with the types of showers and as much slope landscaping that we will have to irrigate (~ 60K sq ft)...
  15. Nofears67

So does that mean the slab won't be poured in the areas where the shower drains will be located? Of course I want them exact. ;)
  16. Nofears67

The rough plumbing has been completed but I noticed that my plumber has not installed the traps that would be underneath the showers...There are supposed to be traps installed correct? Are these done right before the slab is poured or what? I'm asking here because I haven't talked to him...
  17. Nofears67

Asktom, no offense taken. You have the right to your opinion. We have decided to go with a 3" drain in our "car wash". :p Thanks everyone!
  18. Nofears67

Softener system for new home - ATTN GARY

We've decided on: 4.0 cu ft softener 1.25" Fleck 7000 valve oversized distribution tube inside the resin tank.
  19. Nofears67

Supply lines ran overhead..air lock concern?

This is new construction. No concrete to break, just to pour.
  20. Nofears67

Supply lines ran overhead..air lock concern?

Redwood, I agree that engineers have a tendency to "over engineer" things sometimes...This may be one of those times and is why I'm here asking plumbers this question. I realize a home is not a public water system and therefore needed to get realistic feedback from plumbers who have encountered...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks