Search results

1. Tso1ab

Eljer Diverter Stuck

I’m installing a rebuild kit in an early 70’s Eljer shower valve. So far no issues with hot or cold, but the diverter stem is “hung up” in the valve. I’ve loosened and removed the body, but can’t get the stem itself out. It wiggles, it’s free to move, just can’t get it out. If need be I’ll...
  2. Tso1ab

Eco Drake Flapper

I just replaced the original flapper in our Eco Drake with a Korky 2021BP G-Max Flapper. Although the flappers appear to be identical, the original had a plastic float on the chain above the flapper that I switched over to the new flapper. It seems to work fine. Was the float the difference...
  3. Tso1ab

Faucet Cartridge Terminology (CCW)

When a cartridge is labeled CCW does it turn on or off with counter clockwise motion?
  4. Tso1ab

Transition Type B Vent to Single Wall

I’m scoping out the replacement of a corroded single wall water heater vent with Selkirk Type B vent pipe. The vent runs from the heater at a decent incline upward about 8 feet to a 3” single wall tee into the furnace flue. I have not found an adapter to transition the Type B to single wall...
  5. Tso1ab

Gerber Ceramic Cartridge Install

I've got the old compression cartridge out of a 70’s Gerber shower valve and am about to install a ceramic (Gerber 98705). But first, do I need to remove the compression seat? If so, is there a different seat for the ceramic?
  6. Tso1ab

Bowls Not Filling

I installed three 1.28 Drakes with Korky 528T fill valves in early 2009. In varying degrees the bowls in all three no longer fill as high as they once did (and should). In all cases the tanks refill to within ¼†of the overflow. And the refill tubes are properly positioned. Might...
  7. Tso1ab

New Drake – Inconsistent Refill

Few days ago I noticed the tank refill level on our new Drake varies from flush to flush. It ranges from a half inch or so below the overflow to about an inch lower. When low the bowl doesn’t totally refill and the flush is noticeably weaker. Is this normal?
  8. Tso1ab

High Flange -Thin Wax Ring?

Just removed what I believe is the original toilet (home built in early seventies) from the main floor bath to install a Drake. Flange and surrounding tile floor are rock solid with zero sign of leaks. Surprised to find the flange is above the finished floor and not screwed to the sub floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks